Recent music purchases

Record Store Day. I really went out to get my wife a Tegan and Sara record but got myself something as well

Also got this CD yesterday. I now have every Pavement album.

4 Likes

Due to reasons that led to space constraints I pretty much quit buying music in the early part of 2020. My last purchase at the time was Drive-By Truckers’ The Unraveling. Not unlike its predecessor, American Band, The Unraveling addressed the current political climate. I love Drive-By Truckers but at the time The Unraveling was released I was pretty much being bombarded at every turn by what was going on the U.S. and beyond. While I agree with their outlook, being subjected to more about what was happening in the world at the time was not beneficial to my emotional state so I listened to The Unraveling once betore filing it away. When The New OK was released at the end of the year, for the first since I’d become a fan, I passed on purchasing a new Truckers album for the same reason I filed The Unraveling away. Not that things are exactly hunky dory in the world at this point but I do feel my emotional state has improved enough to finally give this a listen. So, I purchased it over the weekend when I saw Drive-By Truckers. Lydia Loveless, who I’m also a big fan, opened so I killed two birds with one stone by also purchasing her newest album.

41jcnKxSRUL

3 Likes

Flashing Lights - Where the Change Is

Finally On vinyl.

1 Like

Mount Eerie - Dawn

Pearl Jam - Alive (RSD 2021 single)

Ooh, sideways pictures. I blame my phone.

1 Like

Sierra Ferrell - Long Time Coming
Screenshot_25

2 Likes

Been a fan since I first saw her on the Gems on VHS YouTube channel around 2018 or so but had to miss her when she played my area recently. I just can’t hit every show I’d like to at present or else I would have been there.

2 Likes

She is delightful. They sold out of vinyl, I settled for a Cd, I can listen at home & in the car.

2 Likes

The Eurythmics - Ultimate Collection
Eurythmics_-_Ultimate_Collection

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
the slow rush

1 Like

Neil Young- citizen Kane Jr Blues

Sonic Youth - InOutIn

Tuns - Duly Noted

1 Like

Just started listening to Tuns, and within 10 seconds, I’m really digging it!

1 Like

Lilly Hiatt - Walking Proof
LH+Walking+Proof+Cover+900x900

2 Likes

She has released a new album since this one but only on streaming services and on cassette. Not sure when or if she’s going to release it on CD or vinyl. I get the whole cassette thing, I have tons myself but when it comes to buying new releases, they are not my preference. There’s a record store in Raleigh, NC that has a definite hipster vibe. They sell new releases on vinyl and cassette only, no CD’s. That, I don’t get.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of digital downloads. It’s true, I had many cassettes unravel, the tape caught in the player & ruined. Really enjoyed the video you put up in the Post a live video thread. My local record store had Walking Proof at least on CD.

2 Likes

When I saw Lilly in concert recently she had her newest album (Lately) for sale but only on cassette. Obviously, I passed on that but at this point I’m not sure if or when Lately is going to be released on vinyl or CD. I understand there’s some delays with vinyl right now but I’m not sure what the holdup is with the CD. I’m not a big download person either. The most music I’ve downloaded has been due to redeeming download code cards that come with vinyl purchases. That said, due to space limitations streaming will likely be my future.

2 Likes

My HiFi system sounds great & I adore it but it’s old, I don’t think it would support playing back streaming or downloads, it would mean connecting another gadget to it, but I still don’t know if it would work. I haven’t really kept up with modern HiFi systems that support streaming or downloads. Maybe I’m going to have to in the future.

2 Likes

The nicest home stereo system I ever owned is a used one I purchased a few years ago. Unfortunately, the receiver started acting up about 3 months later which put an end to my all brief reunion with vinyl. Not just my old records but more than a few new ones I’d purchased over the years, mainly due to Record Store Day. I had also started purchasing vinyl (mostly new) again. It was also around this time that I also using iTunes to stream but I rarely used that at home. When I did, it was through my computer. Otherwise, it was through my iPhone in my car. It took me a while to warm up to mp3’s but once I did, I didn’t miss toting several binders of CD’s with me everywhere I went.

2 Likes

I collect and read Penguin Classic novels. The last one I purchased was Kerouac’s first or unedited version of “On the Road.” I own about fifty or so.

Ryan

4 Likes

Oh sorry! I thought was a topic about hobbies. Wrong thread.

1 Like

All good. The topic for hobbies is here

3 Likes

I’m going to have to get myself a sound bar at some stage, then figure out how much I can store on my phone or get another gadget like an ipod or something for storing music files. I don’t often use Spotify and rarely itunes. I bought a new car late last year with a blue tooth connection, that’s a start I guess. I never had blue tooth in my old car.

2 Likes