Weird hobbies? share them!

Share your weird hobbies! Mine? I fly airplanes.

4 Likes

I am a cemetery tour guide at Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia.

7 Likes

I recently started collecting picture of subway station’s signs. I plan on making a book for myself or something once I get to have a little collection.

Then I collect stamps but that’s not weird, just loser-y haha.

8 Likes

I used to collect snowglobes. I don’t anymore. But I used to. I used to knit regularly. I haven’t done that in awhile.

I don’t know if I have any weird hobbies anymore. Other may disagree.

4 Likes

I like to collect & nurture unusal plants. Here’s two of them…

6 Likes

I still think of you every time I see an interesting snow globe!

But I don’t believe I have any hobbies. Maybe I’ll do something about that.

1 Like

Those look lovely! My older daughter has been fascinated by carnivorous plants since she was a youngster, and now she trades seeds and plants with other enthusiasts.

2 Likes

This makes me really happy.

1 Like

That’s great! I’ve got a pitcher plant too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tape concerts. I started taping in 1995 and haven’t stopped since. I was lucky enough to tape R.E.M. in Las Vegas on 9/11/2003, then the following two shows at Red Rocks (9/13-14), which remain some of my favorite recordings.

5 Likes

I carve toothpicks and match sticks

8 Likes

I’ve also built full sized tools. Home made thickness sander about 4’ tall

4 Likes

I mentioned this in another thread but I’m one of Australia’s biggest cosplay photographer, keeps me busy on weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNjfGGHNBs

7 Likes

I’m a zoo enthusiast, I try to visit as many as I can, I’ve already visited 18.

4 Likes

I thought of another weird hobby while posting about record conventions on another thread. Baseball card shows! I collect Carlton Fisk. I probably have the second largest collection anywhere (cuz I know the guy with the biggest) I have hunted down every card in every brand and variation, every item (I just traded a coveted ticket stub for an item I couldn’t find)… I have game worn spikes, all sorts of autographed stuff (that one I put in the let’s talk baseball thread I got myself) anyhow…

Photo is a 16x20" pencil drawing I did in the 90s. The photos around the central figure are drawn from my own pics I took at the games.

6 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

Awesome indeed. Murmurs people have so many interesting facets.

1 Like

This is incredible!

1 Like

I collect and play with Lego, including making custom models like these F1 cars:

7 Likes

I’m a boardgame junky. Not too weird except that I have multiple entire cupboards full. :joy:
Some may say I have a problem; but the real problem is finding the time to play them.

4 Likes