13 - Luc de Larochellière (Amère America) CD
20 - Metallica (In The City Of Brotherly Love) CD
21 - Weezer (Spring) CD
22 - Lemonheads (Lovey - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) 2CD

JUNE
2 - Weird Al Yankovic (Essential) 2CD

3 Likes

Nirvana - Nevermind (30th Anniversary)

So I’m in the process of packing up stuff to move to the other end of Canada but I decided to pick up a record yesterday. Having recently purged a couple hundred records I knew if I got something it would be something I wouldn’t want to get rid of. Surprised it took me so long to get Nevermind on vinyl.

4 Likes

My latest purchase was the traditional purchase that I always make when visiting Athens: an R.E.M. vinyl selection at Wuxtry. This time it was the reissue of NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI. I’d already purchased the CD version of the reissue, but, wanted to make sure I had this one in the vinyl collection, too, since NAIHF is one of the most personally relevant albums in their catalog.

3 Likes

Due to current space limitations I’ve held off on purchasing a lot of new music not knowing what the future holds for my music collection as a whole (all of which is in storage except for a few recently purchased CD’s). However, I have several Amazon gift certificates I’ve accumulated over the past couple years that haven’t been cashed in. Living where I do now where there are no record stores (the closest are over an hour and a half away) and the big boxes don’t stock anything I listen to, I cashed them in. The main impetus was being unable to purchase the new albums from Drive-By Truckers and Angel Olsen. I could stream them but that’s not an option at the moment. Not all have arrived but most have.

31iMujDSqbL
61rDZY-LeEL.SY355
71eRXVTuMVL.SS500

952321f8df7c09158f42c8ec0ace14dd

Antisocialites_-Alvvays(Band)_Album_Cover
artworks-Q8hn3rrW9NQK-0-t500x500

2 Likes

I’m having space limitations too. A month ago I was almost about to purchase Steely Dan’s Greatest Hits, I haven’t listened to the Dan for a long time & now I wanted to. I forgot I already had that record. I found it stored in the garage.

2 Likes

I do that with books quite a lot!

3 Likes

It wasn’t until recent years that I accidentally bought a CD twice but it was only a couple. When CD’s started to fall of favor and could be found used for dirt cheap, I began purchasing more of them, mainly to rip to my computer to help build my music library. Now, I’m facing the reality of going completely digital and not just with music.

2 Likes

Fathers Day Present

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Barn

3 Likes

This comes with the June 2022 issue of Mojo (Jerry Garcia cover in the U.S./Liam Gallagher in the U.K.) and consists of previously released material.

1 Like

Khuruangbin - Mordechai

This thing of wonder arrived today after I caught their Glastonbury set on BBC over the weekend. Texan band I’d never heard of. Laid back guitar music at its most brilliant. Highly recommended to all.

2 Likes

Elevator Through - Vague Premonition & Extras

2 Likes

Some unknowns from the south…

4 Likes

I wonder if they’ll amount to anything? :thinking:

2 Likes

This is an original and is now the cap of what I’ll pay for an ep. ($45.99)

2 Likes

I can remember bringing Murmur into an after hours party back in the 80’s when it was their newest album. The girl hosting the party let me put it on but I can distinctly remember her referring to them as a “hole in the wall” band when I asked to play it. I don’t think she meant it be condescending but I believe it struck me that way at the time. Mostly, I believe I was just thankful that she even knew who they were and that she was kind enough to let me play it. They were receiving some airplay on the local AOR station at the time (which is how I first heard them) but I’m not sure how well known they were beyond that, especially in my area (eastern NC). They were certainly gaining some notoriety at clubs in college towns in NC back then but we were relatively far away from most of those.

3 Likes

Picked this up on sale today. Manchester Orchestra - The Million Masks of God. I really liked their last album, Black Mile to the Surface. Not overly familiar with their work previous to that. But looking forward to hearing this.

2 Likes

In a bad mood today so picked up an album I’ve been wanting on vinyl for awhile

4 Likes

Two records today. The Blake Babies reissue just came in to the store and I decided to get another Dinosaur record.

Blake Babies - Sunburn

Dinosaur Jr - Green Mind (Dlx)

4 Likes

Wild Arrows - Loving The Void
Digital download purchase I burned to Cd. It was recommended by Michael Stipe on R.E.M. HQ It’s chaotic, moody and euphoric. Feels like I’m listening to a relationship between two people in a big city at night.

Tougher Than Tough - The Story Of Jamaican Music, arrived today. Recommended to me by Jonathon here at murmurs. I’m a fan the genre, I know I’m going to enjoy this great collection. :+1:

3 Likes

Lilly Hiatt - Lately
Digital download purchase to Cd.

1 Like