Who were we back then?

Awesome. I really want to get to Helsinki one day.

House is good, a never ending project. I guess an ideal place to have a lockdown quarantine, although all that has gone away in Los Angeles at this point. We’re slowly starting to go back to the office more, but not 100% in office.

2 Likes

Insider tip: from May to August is the best, seen a lot of tourists distraught by the icy streets and quietness during January and February. March is transitional but slushy. Once the spring kicks in it’s really pretty.

Working as a wine expert these days and quite a few visitors stop by every day, looks like things are finally picking up. Come spring it’ll be seriously elated and newly anguished due to that war… but yeah, I can definitely recommend Helsinki - especially for the summer. Stockholm and Tallinn too, each one comes with their own charm. In case you guys coming over send me a message, would be fun to catch up in IRL even.

3 Likes

Since so many people on this thread have talked about their ages I’ll chime in with I am 6/58, Bill is 7/58 and Mike is 12/58.

Wow, cant believe this is back. Thanks Ethan.
I used to post under Carl_A (I think). From Sydney Australia.
Great to see some of the old feaks here.

8 Likes

Good to see you here mike. :grinning:

hey buddy, good to see you here and that you all well.

Heeey Carl, great to see you here!

1 Like

Likewise!

For those who do not know: Carl_A is the guy who pointed me to murmurs in the first place more than 2 decades ago. (Carl might not remember that either, maybe, :upside_down_face:)

2 Likes

Antti good to see you here mate. :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember we met somewhere just outside Melbourne for the FOL (Friends of Live) we had a good chat about music, and we talked about R.E.M. and listened to Leave (alt version). The rest is history.

2 Likes

You definitely forgot how you introduced me to Cricket on that camping site and all that I hit was flies but surely no balls…

2 Likes

Welcome back.

1 Like

Welcome home Carl!

1 Like

Hello, Carl! Nice to see you again, welcome back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was going through a break up and transitioning from Austin to Seattle when I came across Murmurs in 2001. Murmurs quickly became a home for me and I’ve had friends I’ve made there now for over 20 years. A number of which I had the pleasure to meet in person. One came to my second wedding in 2013 (Biz). Back in 2001 I was 29 going on 30 and really was transitioning from being a bohemian to an IT professional. Now I’ve got more kids and have been living in the NW for 20 years. Still nuts for music.

I think my handle was siglosecreto but cannot recall.

11 Likes

I guess, I am late to the party.
I was Frequency back then, I am Frequency now.
Sebastian from Germany.
Was active on murmurs around the turn of the millennium, but lost track of it by the mid-2000s.
Every once in a while, I checked murmurs.com, but didn’t find anything except for the placeholder page - until a few days ago.

When I first joined, I was still at school, maybe around the age of 16 to 18. I recently turned 40.

I went on to study medicine, then became a board certified nuclear medicine physician, then became a board certified radiologist, in between I finished my doctoral thesis, started something similar to a tenure track (“Habilitation”), became “Privatdozent” (something akin to a Professor in German-speaking countries, but not yet) and was recently appointed Professor for Nuclear Medicine at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich. I am a Fellow of The European Board of Nuclear Medicine. I also work at a big ambulatory healthcare center as a doctor, reading nuclear medicine and radiology scans. I’ve also been married since 2013 and we have a four year-old daughter.

So this is my life in a nutshell. I remember many of the names, I read in this thread. It is good to see that most people are still around and kicking. And it is really trip down memory lane. The world was a different place back then.

Nice to meet you all again.

13 Likes

Welcome back! That’s an impressive list of accomplishments - congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:

And half a life could still be left to do more! :smile:

1 Like

So… you’ve been kind of busy.

1 Like

Like seemingly many here! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am still not even halfway through processing everything I read in the thread above.