Weird hobbies? share them!

I was at the September 13 show at red rocks. I would love to get a copy of that tape.

1 Like

I have a friend whoā€™s very into board games. He has a room devoted to his board games, and a very patient wife! Iā€™m partial to a game of Ticket to Ride myself. Used to play Carcasonne a lot, too.

I have some adhd tendencies to jump from hobby to hobby. I taught myself to knit a few years ago, dropped it for two years and now Iā€™m back at it. Nothing fancy though. Iā€™ve been working on the same blanket forever now.

Over the winter I got into reconstructing old leather jackets. I made a GIANT tote bag & a bunch of bracelets.

I have a stamp collection but not in a serious way. I had pen-pals for 20+ years & stopped 10+ yrs ago. My stamps are just ripped from the envelopes and re-glued onto blank pieces of paper designated by country. I donā€™t remember how many pages but itā€™s easily over 100.

I hoard house plants, but not too seriously. I just like them.

I like NYTimes crossword puzzles.

I love to find & resale used clothing. My favorite find thus far has been a Balenciaga leather jacket for 80ā‚¬. Iā€™m keeping that for myself though.

I listen to a disturbingly large amount of true crime/murder podcasts.

4 Likes

I run my keyboards through a guitar pedal and amp. I plug the 1/4 inch into the headphone insertā€“>pedalā€“>amp. It comes out really cool sometimesā€¦

ā€¦sometimes, not so much.

1 Like

I love this!!!

1 Like

Geyser gazing. This will be my 35th year visiting Yellowstone National Park, 13th working there. Iā€™ve also been to Iceland and New Zealand to see them. Definitely more obsession than hobbyā€¦ Photo is Lone Star Geyser in Yellowstone.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s fascinating! Iā€™m a little jealous of you!

1 Like

Hi Donna! Geysers are rare and often very beautiful, and I have been truly lucky to see what I have and spend so much time in Yellowstone. I am not a scientist by training but I have tagged along with researchers a lot over the years and I am endlessly fascinated.

2 Likes

A new one added to my unusual plants. Last Christmas, my son gave me this sweet dolphin ornament with what we thought was an artificial small plant stuck on top. I displayed it in the living room. After a few weeks I noticed the leaves turn dull & dark, & I realized the plant wasnā€™t artificial at all, it was an Air Plant or Tillandsia I tried to save it after looking up Air Plant care, but it was too late. Yesterday I was at the garden store & found another one to replace it.
Apparently they need an occasional good dunking in water & fine misting now & then, Iā€™m learning how to keep these plants alive.

Thatā€™s a good one.Any founding fathers or mothers there?

1 Like