So, how’s it going

Those little individual silver platters the condiments come in Indian restaurants are very cool. Also good for fingers.

2 Likes

I needed to go to a place with multiple locations today, when I searched up “find locations closest to you” it came back with Rockville. That one’s only closest if I were traveling by helicopter, otherwise there’s a large river in the way.

Plus, I’ve already been to Rockville before, and Mike Mills advised me not to go back.

4 Likes

Haven’t been here in a while so I thought I’d drop in. Life is going okay. Classes for spring quarter and the academic year ended last week—next week is finals. I’m taking two weeks off end of June/beginning of July. Heading to San Diego for a conference and possibly a very quick trip to the zoo. Hoping to find some time to get to the DC area to see my dude. Currently enjoying some time in the sun after what feels like six months of rain.

4 Likes

They played a concert this morning, at a local venue where I’ve seen other bands. There were, I don’t know, 15 elementary-aged bands from the music schools (not just hers, but a couple locations). Her band played “Seven Nation Army” and a One Direction song, I think it’s called “What Makes You Beautiful”. It was pretty cool and I’m super proud of her. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey! It’s been a minute.

Last night, i saw Pylon Reenactment Society for the second time this year when they played at Boggs Social, a tiny venue here in Atlanta. I messaged a friend who lives nearby beforehand and ended up hanging out with him at the tables outside of the Boggs bar, since he was dogsitting and had brought the dog along with him. At one point, Vanessa, who fronts Pylon/Pylon Reenactment Society, sat at the adjacent table and asked about the dog. We walked over and talked to her for several minutes. That was one of those moments when I was keeping a cool exterior demeanor and, on the inside, was thinking “Oh my God, I am talking with Vanessa from Pylon!”

The CBS interview with R.E.M. was a popular topic in the crowd last night. I love the extended interview with the band, just for seeing them sitting together again.

I am close to 28 years as a State employee and have been busy with work lately, with a few great concerts (Echo and the Bunnymen, Slowdive/Drab Majesty, Nation of Language, Interpol, Vision Video, etc.) keeping things lively in my spare time.

3 Likes