So, how’s it going

Spotted in my home town yesterday as we are alternating extreme cold (for us) and warmth. This day started off with a cold frost. You don’t know where you are clothes wise:

However, if they’d spoken to Sir David Attenborough who lives up the road they’d know this was due to global warming. I’m not sure why we are surprised. Nice Wx now though.

2 Likes

Aw thank you for asking. I’m here in Copenhagen, biking the kids around to various social things to try to ride out the Easter break week, and today we had a nice little breakthrough – on R.E.M. day no less – when one of them asked to hear “Letter Never Sent” from the Dublin 2007 album. I don’t know whether he likes the song, but he likes the silly “They love your ‘O-o-os’!” banter at the end of the track :grinning:.

3 Likes

I like that bit too!

1 Like

I was attacked by a dog yesterday while going for a walk. The owners had pulled up in their driveway as I was walking past, they open the front door of their house and a black dog runs out barking, chases after me, and then attacks my leg. Lucky I had trousers on, still it left me a 2cm slash from it’s teeth. I had a tetnus shot a few years ago. I’ve walked past this house many times before, the dog always barks at me when I do. I was a threat to it’s territory. This dog had it in for me from the start.

4 Likes

That’s terrible. Are you okay?

I JUST HAD A PARY WITH ALL MY CHRISTMAS FAN CLUB cdS. dRUNK OF COURSE BUT GREAT FUN- cHRISTMASSS! bOUNCING AROUND THE ROOM. i’M NOT EVEN SURE i LISTENDED TO THEM ALL PROPERLYNWHEN THEY ARRIVED IN THE POST DUE TO BEING TOO BUSY WITH WORK. bUT REALLY WOTH A BOTTLE OF WHITE RIOJA A RUM AND WHISKY CHASER i HAD THE BEST TIME THIS MORNIG (NOT SURE WHATTHE NEIGHBOURS THOUGHT BUT wHO cARES!!!) cHRISTMAaSSSSS…

1 Like

Is anyone thinking of going to the Minus 5 Gig at the Manchester Deaf Institute on July 8th? I’m trying to persuade my sister and her husband to go.

I’m okay. I feel a sense of guilt and irresponsibility more than anything for not reporting the incident to local authorities, like people have been telling me I should do. The owners did ask me if I was okay, I said I was & told them I’ve owned dogs myself (mine never attacked anyone though). I think they were shocked their pet could do such a thing. It happened so quickly. The hassle of going to an after hours medical clinic and waiting around probably for hours and filling in forms to put in a report to the local council, adding more stress to something I consider to be a minor injury that a band aid will fix. Of course that’s just me. I have been attacked by an animal before, when we owned a rooster, he once latched on to my leg with his spurs and peirced a couple of holes in my jeans. I always carried a stick into the chicken run after that.

I love white rum but I stay away from whisky, it kind of makes me aggressive in way, I don’t know why. Happy R.E.M. Fanclub Christmas partying! :partying_face:

Apologies for all that folks- I got carried away!

1 Like

If anyone else watches hockey… that was a tough loss by the Bruins.

edit: and the Avalanche too!

I was in a wreck on Friday. I was distracted by an oncoming ambulance and didn’t see a truck pulled over to the side of the road just ahead of me. Before I took notice of the truck it was too late to do anything other than slam on brakes. I wasn’t going very fast (probably 30-35) but slammed into my steering wheel with full impact with my chest. I’m still sore and am getting x-rayed tomorrow. There was only one person in the other vehicle but they ended up leaving the scene of the accident. I have no idea why and haven’t heard anything about them since. Accidents are never good but this one couldn’t have come at a worse time for me. I have no car, no way to work, and can’t afford another vehicle at this time. Mainly, I just feel fortunate that it wasn’t any worse than it was as far as bodily injury. I’m also fortunate in that my employer is going to work with me in any way they can to keep me employed. It is just part-time but it’s the only income I have at present. I had no collision coverage on the car so I won’t be receiving anything on the insurance front. I’m pretty much left with a crumpled heap of metal and what little savings I have left. I’ve never done anything like Go Fund Me but am looking at the possibility of launching one.

EDITED TO ADD
I’ve created a Venmo account. If anyone would like to donate it would be much appreciated. If not, that’s fine, too. Just putting it out there. Thanks, everyone.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. As you say, the main thing is that you’re ok. But it sounds like really shitty timing for you. It’s good that your employer is trying to work something out. Hope you catch a break.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re generally okay! Venmo’s being stupid right now, but Kelly & I will be trying it again soon.

1 Like

FYI, I get an error message when I click on the Venmo link.

1 Like

Seems to be working for me. Here’s the link again. I appreciate you at least trying to donate. If it doesn’t work this time, I’m guessing that’s an issue on Venmo’s end.

Yeah, looks like you can’t use it outside the US I’m afraid.

1 Like

I noticed that too. Not sure if it was intentional. @DriverNate. Jonathon, if you can set up one that works internationally, I can send a bit of help your way.

1 Like

@Lori and @binky1978 I may be setting up a Go Fund Me. If so, I’ll post the link here once it goes live. I appreciate y’all wanting to donate. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’ve created a Go Fund Me in addition to my Venmo. I appreciate the suggestion. I also appreciate those of you that have been kind enough to donate. If you are unable to donate, that is not a problem at all, I understand completely. However, if you would be kind enough to consider sharing the link to my Go Fund Me that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-me-raise-funds-for-a-used-vehicle?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

2 Likes