So, how’s it going

This is what I see every time I wear my face mask in a store here in Georgia.

3 Likes

I stopped wearing a mask as soon as I could, because breathing through one is so exhausting.Pulmonary hypertension. I’ve had 3 vaccinations and long Covid and I know people can and do get it more than once. It seems to have mutated to a less virulent illness. People get it, have flu type symptoms and mostly seem to get over it fairly quickly. Long Covid is miserable but now I’m over it, it just seems to make more sense for me to breathe easier than to continue masking. If we get a flare or people start dying again of course I’ll go back to wearing one. Anyone remember the kid Stevie (?) in The Wonder Years? That’s how I sound in a mask. Also, it’s frightening gasping for air and feeling dizzy just sitting down and chatting.

3 Likes

How’s it going? Yesterday I had whatever version of the norovirus going around. Feeling much better, but stayed home today to recover from all that.

For those keeping count, that’s COVID and norovirus in the last six weeks.

4 Likes

Those novelty cloth masks with big smiley lips or an animal mouth and nose imprinted are fun. Apparently not as protective as the surgical masks during the height of covid but they did bring a little cheer.

Yesterday, I went for my first run/walk in over three weeks, since the COVID seems to be in the rear view mirror. I’m still masking up around folks, though.

I’m going to see Depeche Mode twice in October. Both in here and Atlanta and in Nashville (three and half hours away). That month is going to be lit.

Duran Duran here in Atlanta in July as well.

Hopefully, The Cure will announce their tour soon, so that I’ll get the Holy Trifecta in this year.
Better yet, maybe a New Order date for the Holy Quartet.

4 Likes

Some friends saw Duran Duran on an earlier leg of this tour and said it was incredible.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing First Aid Kit over the summer.

I too had it twice, and both after 3 shots (I’ve had the 4th now). And I too hate breathing in those masks, with the aggravation of wearing glasses and becoming partially blind every two minutes with my own fog.

2 Likes

@inspectorjason something to look forward to then. Still as true today as it was in 1983:-

https://youtu.be/1t-gK-9EIq4

3 Likes

@inspectorjason and @bizaleth I’m quite envious of you seeing Duran Duran. They played at the Queens Platinum Jubilee over here and were good. Of course they were big in the 80s and I have Rio on vinyl (I was at uni and we bopped to Hungry Like the Wolf etc) and Greatest Hits on CD. I like Ordinary World. However I was never a Durannie as such although I was a bit of a New Romantic (flouncy blouses and suede pixie boots). There were so many of them- Spandau Ballet, Depeche Mode, Blancmange,Ultravox, John Foxx, Japan, Alphaville it was hard to have a favourite. Anyway I managed to miss the Boys from Birmingham. John Taylor’s bass line is to die for. Well I’m going to see Bootleg Blondie next month at my local converted very large Victorian church (now an Arts Centre- it never got finished as a church- I think they ran out of money and anyway far too big for a place like this- some Victorians had very grand ideas!) which comes approved by Debbie Harry herself and the drummer Clem Burke has even played with them. I have Parallel Lines of course and Call Me the single and love all their stuff really (always sing along on the radio). Looking forward to that.

3 Likes

If you’ve worn glasses with a mask, you may be entilted to condensation.

5 Likes

Hells, yeah!

I saw Duran Duran here in Belo Horizonte in early 2017 – for free, as I got the tickets at the last minute and can’t remember how. The audience was decent and intense, but it wasn’t crowded and I stayed right at John Taylor’s feet for most of the show – he sustains an enviable energy throughout.

It was one of the good shows I’ve watched in my life, and there weren’t many. R.E.M. (Rock in Rio 2001) is still the best and not only because they’re my favorite band ever. It was really a fantastic show. I can only imagine what the Monster tour was.

7 Likes

Never move to England. It does suck. It’s the only thing I can put in the Totally Sucks category. I love British humor, architecture, pretty much everything else, but the weather really gets me down.

2 Likes

The heart is for you, not the illnesses. They are super shitty.

That’s a good shout [quote=“Kelly_A, post:436, topic:657, full:true”]
If you’ve worn glasses with a mask, you may be entilted to condensation.
[/quote]

:hugs:

1 Like

Hi Rodrigo

1 Like

Hi there, Kathleen!

1 Like

I’ve been concentrating on getting my concentration back- looks like I’m getting somewhere at last:

3 Likes

Totally agree. The UK is a depressing place. If you want to move to Europe, I’d go to Portugal. Porto and Lisbon are fantastic cities, the coast is to die for and the climate is wonderful. Their government seems to have their shit together also, very much unlike the UK.

1 Like