So, how’s it going

I started it within hours of testing positive. I never had the paxlovid rebound after testing negative. I know a few who had the rebound and a few who didn’t. There is the aftertaste. It wasn’t too band for me and it came and went.

2 Likes

Apparently Murmurs is a spreader event.

2 Likes

I am pretty much symptom-free right now, although my nose is still a bit stuffy and I am sleeping a lot. I was fortunate only to have mild symptoms in the first place.

4 Likes

The fatigue is real.

1 Like

Do you know how old it makes me feel when YOU say you’re no spring chicken???

I’m sorry to hear so many people are coming down with it! Our household has been so lucky for so long that I’m afraid we’re overdue.

It’s all about the rest and recuperation, from what everyone says. I know it’s going to be hard to resist getting immediately back on the running trails as soon as you feel better, but you’ll probably be better served by taking it really slowly at first.

3 Likes

Well, you are old.

1 Like

I’m old too. I may end up being a sagging old prune by the time I’m 80 if not sooner. That’s a blessing really, to reach old age and still be around.

1 Like

Someone has to make you feel young, and that’s getting more challenging by the year! :grin:

1 Like

IT DOES. Being over 50 will do they to you.

Although, @InternetLegend, I’d be remiss if I didn’t remind you that you will always be older than me.

1 Like

I came down with COVID two weeks ago, I took Paxlovid for the full five days, I only had mild symptoms, and I returned to work a couple of days ago after clearly testing negative two days in a row this past Monday and Tuesday.
Last night, however, I came down with a sore throat and tested positive for COVID again. Rebounds are pretty common with Paxlovid, unfortunately.
Right now, I no longer have symptoms, but I will still be isolating for the next five days.

3 Likes

It’s Friday. I ordered a pizza. It’s going pretty well.

2 Likes

I went to a wedding last night, had a few drinks and I didn’t throw up at the end of the night like I used to in my youth. It’s going pretty well for me too.

2 Likes

Yep too right. We’re human beings not human doings.

1 Like

Sorry this has come back so late. Covid seems to have become the new 'flu already over here. Some folk still walk around wearing masks but the majority do not. I was a bit surprised when I popped into Oxfam today to collect the CDs I like to put on (including my IRS Best of REM) and where I work an afternoon a week now (I used to work Sundays when I was working full time) to see that the plastic screen around the till has been taken down. I’m not sure how I felt about that- a bit taken aback I think. I suppose this is because of the fear that was engendered in all of us for so long. Anyway I’m a total hypocrite for suggesting I’m not a human doing- I’m keeping myself busy all the time to avoid having to dwell on anything else!

2 Likes

The screens around tills are good not only for covid but in general as protection, I would like to see them left in place too. People have become nonchalant about covid here as well. Still required to wear a mask in medical facitilies but I haven’t seen a lot wearing them anywhere else. My husband got covid a while back, I was with him the weekend he contracted it, we were around a lot of people, strange he got it & I didn’t. Since then, I only wear a mask when I am required to. I’ve seen people wearing masks in cars driving alone, I assume they forgot to take them off.

1 Like

I agree. The virus is still out there and it affects different people in different ways ( everyone I know seems to have had different symptoms depending maybe on level of vaccine/ immunity/ general health) and when I finally picked it up in June 22 I was in bed for a day and had a really strange upper back ache. A friend who had it at exactly the same time had the exact same symptoms. My personal view is we should still have the Hill Street Blues approach- “let’s be careful out there”. In other words to have your antenna on and don a mask if the situation requires it and it seems sensible :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I sometimes keep wearing my mask in the car if I’m doing a series of short errands. It’s just easier to keep it in place than to take it off and put it back several times.

Back in early pandemic days, I remember the experts saying you should be careful not to touch the outside of your mask and that you could rewear it, but you should hang it in UV light to disinfect it. Back then, the advice was to refrain from touching your mask in between. Now, if course, the evidence is that infection from surfaces is very unlikely, so I’m not really worried about contamination from my mask.

1 Like

I wear a mask at work, when I’m out of my office. I stopped wearing one at the gym. I figured that was when/where I’d catch it, but it was in a hotel lobby in northern Virginia. I wear one on the bus, the grocery store, and when I travel.

Since I had it a little over a month ago, I’m a little lazier about it, mainly because I know I have some extra immunity.

It’s still around. Other viruses are out that. Now that we’re all together again, various things have been going around campus.

1 Like

I recently had a stomach virus that put me out of commission for close to a week. I’ll spare you the details other than to say, I completely lost my appetite for close to three days. Once it started to return, I gradually returned to the land of living. Even then, what I’d just gone through made my body feel like it’d been beaten with a baseball bat. Even up until today, I’ve been dealing with that sort of fatigue. Thankfully, the worst is behind me.