So, how’s it going

I long for the day I can listen to The Beatles, Back In the U.S.S.R. again, without the tinge of what’s going on over there right now.
This morning I heard NASA crashed some sort or space craft into an asteroid, aiming to send it off course, if one comes heading for our planet in the future.

3 Likes

This is why I stopped watching the news. And I keep getting email from political groups in the US. Trying to frighten me about Russia/Ukraine, nuclear weapons. Asking me to get involved with stopping right wing senators getting elected in various states. I keep unsubscribing, but they don’t stop. I don’t live in America anymore. Haven’t done for 35 years. Leave me alone. Then the U.K. political shit.
I don’t wanna know. Sometimes I will sign a petition online but I don’t have spare cash for these people. It’s infuriating.

4 Likes

It’s rather tense and scary right now.

3 Likes

With regard to news and current events, this describes the past three years quite adeptly…

Me, every single day: “Nothing surprises me anymore.”

The next day: “Hold my beer.”

8 Likes

I’m exhausted. All the damn time. Our fall quarter started the end of September. After working a hybrid schedule for what felt like forever, being back on campus, on my feet, and in front of students has been exhausting. Fun and rewarding, but damn I’m tired.

5 Likes

SNL had a cold open last night of a game show called “So You Think You Won’t Snap”. The jokes were okay, but I especially appreciated the premise.

2 Likes

Went on a camping and canoeing trip with my 11-year-old’s Boy Scout troop. 37F at night, so a little chilly. Canoeing was fun but I’m a bit sore today.

5 Likes

I haven’t been well the last few weeks. Had a serious lung infection, I was coughing up blood & being a past smoker, I thought I was going to die. I had CT scans & a bronchoscopy in hospital, which revealed it was an infection & not anything so gravely serious. They put me on a course of antibiotics & was given 4 weeks off work. I managed to do a 30 min. walk yesterday without losing my breath & the bloody coughing fits have ceased. :crossed_fingers: It was probably the most scariest health issue I’ve ever had. I’m feeling good now & nearly fully recovered. I honestly think it was stress that caused it. Don’t think I’ll be taking on any extra shifts at work when I return.

6 Likes

Wow! That’s terrible but so glad you’re feeling better. Definitely take care of yourself.

1 Like

That sounds horrible. Glad you’re feeling better!

1 Like

I’m so glad you’re on the mend! That sounds wildly scary.

1 Like

Thanks guys. x I did some gardening today without any problems. Have an appointment at the respiratory clinic next week for a check up. Feeling positive that I’m back to my old self.

8 Likes

I went to a Quiz night on Saturday, There were about eight groups, we came third. The collective noun for ravens was a doozy, “An unkindness of ravens.”

5 Likes

That is actually the title of a book by my favourite author Ruth Rendell, who sadly passed away a few years ago. An Unkindnesss Of Ravens. I love all her work. The crime ones are great, but the deep dark psychological novels are mind blowing. She publishes the darker ones under the name Barbara Vine. It’s not a pseudonym. Her Scandinavian family called her Ruth and the British ones Barbara.Rendell is her married name. If you like that genre, I highly recommend Asta’s Book (Anna’s Book in some countries for copyright reasons.) and A Dark Adapted Eye. Those 2 are my favourites. For Ruth Rendell, there’s a huge catalogue and all of them are great. Kissing The Gunner’s Daughter and Simisola are my 2 picks, but there’s not a bad one to be found in all her body of work.
I’m so relieved your health scare was no more than a scare and that you’re feeling better. I have pulmonary hypertension and know only too well the fear that comes with problematic breathing. Sounds like you’re doing great.:relaxed:

3 Likes

Just downloading the 2 Barbara Vine books mentioned. Thank you for the heads up.

1 Like

Let me know what you think., once you’ve read them.

Bad time of the year for some folks this. I am happy for anybody feeling a little bit low to message me and I will send you a shit joke or just a digital hug from here in the Welsh borders. Feel free, please dont suffer alone :fist:

3 Likes

I love the weekends. I want to take some time off work in couple of months, need a break from the routine of waking up to an alarm 5 days a week, and having to be somewhere at a particular time. I’m starting to swear at traffic when I’m driving around for work.

3 Likes

Our cat that we’ve had for 17 years passed away today. We’re all pretty sad.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s really hard to lose pets, no matter their age.

3 Likes