So, how’s it going

I got up super early this morning in hope of viewing a reported Venus Jupiter conjunction but it was a clouded over no show. Instead I got a rainbow just after sunrise…

4 Likes

Rain just becomes…… normal. Gray and rainy. I can get tired of the sun, actually. Some of us were simply meant for the PNW.

3 Likes

Hey, you’re the one who said “crappy”. (;

No, I love the PNW. It’s such a beautiful place – lush much like myself. Napping and reading all day while it rains outside sounds really appealing. Interestingly, it’s been sunny and warm nearly every time I’ve been to Seattle.

3 Likes

Because it gets crappy. Even if I’m built for it.

It’s sunnier most people realize. Late summer is the BEST. We don’t start classes until the end of Sept. Simone told me it’s because Set is the nicest month of the year so there is no way you’re be able to get both students and faculty in a classroom.

3 Likes

I’ve had this cowl on the needles for…. 5+ years. Probably longer, honestly. I finally finished it today.

4 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Warm & cosy!

2 Likes

Athfest 2022 lineup is out so that means work on my end tracking down band descriptions, music links, and promo shots. I’m happy to have something to do while trapped in my hometown for a week housesitting. Whew.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I started a sweater some 25 years ago and have had it mostly finished for about ten years, but I’m too intimidated by the instructions for the neck. Maybe I’ll pick it back up and see if the yarn’s still sound!

1 Like

My mom has a blanket she started when she was pregnant with my brother. It’s still on the needles. He’s now 54.

She worked on it when she was in labor with him you can see when she had. Interactions because the stitches get tighter, then looser, then tighter.

4 Likes

My new entertainment unit all put together. This was a family effort. Just need to set up my hifi in it now.

6 Likes

Family together for Mothers Day.

7 Likes

I ordered lunch delivered just so I could get cake. No regrets.

4 Likes

Now I want cake (to be fair, I pretty much always want cake).

3 Likes

Looks delicious, is it choc orange jaffa cake?

It was a chocolate mocha-type cake.

1 Like

Federal election this Saturday, once again being flooded with ads on tv, posters on stobie polls, emails asking for donations to political parties, paraphernalia in the letter box. What is really annoying me though & this will influence my vote, is the duplicity, lies & scare tactics being used to win votes. They must think that the majority of voters are stupid mugs. No politician has yet taken off his shirt & flashed his abs & biceps as was done in the state election. But that won’t win my vote either.

2 Likes

One reporter summed it up -“There is the Politian circus, and the media circus, democracy has turned into a circus”

So my wife just got offered a job in British Columbia (we’re currently In Ontario). It’ll be a huge change; I’m simultaneously excited and overwhelmed.

4 Likes

Oooooohhhh. BC is lovely. I’m 18 miles from the US-Canadian border, 65miles (about 104.5km) from Vancouver.

1 Like