So, how’s it going

Well, today I’m gonna pick up my groceries, install a new door knocker, and…. We’ll, not much of anything else.

So life doesn’t always have to be super exciting.

4 Likes

It’s been a nice Easter so far and the signs for next two days echo it… Finally some sun and a little warmth (meaning 50f for them non-celsius folks). Forecast tells it’ll shoot up big time next week, thank Cod: twas a heavy long winter. Hated all of December to March.

4 Likes

Kelly and Donna that is absolutely fantastic. So glad for you guys.

5 Likes

I’m preparing to move in with a Beautiful woman, my Wife-To-Be. I’ve waited my whole life for this, I hope everything works out.

10 Likes

Bit the head off a rabbit today.

4 Likes

Really bad news week for the household. It was a struggle to get through the days, really. But we’re trying to keep going as best as we can. I’m headed to NYC this weekend to be super touristy though our only must do is seeing the Book of Mormon on Saturday. I’m up for recommendations. We’re staying in the flatiron district and will be on foot so anything walkable is welcome.

3 Likes

Pumpkin harvest.

4 Likes

Congratulations! That has to be a hugely proud occasion.

3 Likes

Congratulations, William! Best of luck to you and also… get ready! The first few months demand some huge adaptation from and to each other in levels you wouldn’t even think exist.

2 Likes

I worked over Easter & rewarded my self with a new & more compact entertainment unit. It’s still in it’s box, I’ll put it together on the weekend.

2 Likes

I am having appliance problems. First the fridge was occasionally getting warm. I’ve had problems before where it just doesn’t stay cold at all, then you replace a part and it’s fixed. But this is only happening sometimes, so whatever it is hasn’t failed completely. I’ve done some appliance work myself but I had no idea what was going on so I called a repair guy. He’s confused too. We’ve tried one thing, and it both didn’t fix it and also broke the fridge water filter, so the guy is coming back out soon. And then while dealing with that, suddenly (and presumably unrelated) the stove doesn’t work either. Grr.

I replaced my fridge about four years ago. The other one died and it was a brand I knew would be difficult to fix/get parts so I just replaced it.

I replaced my stove and washer/dryer last summer. The washer/dryer was a clusterfuck. Long story short, I had to have someone swap out the plug from the old one and then wait three months for the new one to come in. This was after ordering a different one only to find out the manufacturer had discontinued it.

Good luck.

1 Like

Boostered x 2.

I debated getting it since I’m fairly healthy and not much past 50. But I work in a library and around a lot of other people. Just seemed like the thing to do.

Also woke up to an exposure notification last week (tested twice, one a PCR and was negative). The exposee was a student. So, the booster seemed like a good decision.

3 Likes

New fridge ordered, should be here on Wednesday. Stove issue is still unresolved, would rather we didn’t need one of those too.

3 Likes

I got the new entertainment unit out of the box and lying in pieces is the living room. Managed to put some of it together. Sometimes I feel I don’t have enough time to do things I need to do, but here I am this evening looking at a screen and it’s information that could be entertaining, useful or just procrastinating. I had a full on day at work, I reckon I deserve to give myself some leeway.

1 Like

Electrician got the stove working again. It is still unclear what was wrong. Crossing my fingers that it will stay working though at least for awhile.

2 Likes

Tell her job well done!!! I know I felt relieved when I got my Bachelors degree.

4 Likes

I’m struggling a bit.

I am curreently jobless and amidst dealing with that, a friend that Id lost touch with passed the veil on the 25th.

He was the one that helped me decide to pursue music and go to school. I ended up going into art, but fiddle around with music still.

5 Likes

Today: getting my hairs done. This week was an interesting one. Lottsa work drama. I’m exhausted by all of it.

It’s raining and crappy out. I plan on napping and reading the rest of the weekend.

2 Likes

I’m sure it can get old, but rain sounds really good to me right now. It’s all dry and fiery here lately.

2 Likes