Recent music purchases

We have Tiger Lily and Ophelia in the shop. Haven’t bought a new CD in quite a while.

5 Likes

Dinosaur Jr - SeventyTwoHundredSeconds

Pearl Jam - Yield

Sianspheric - So We Swim 7”

3 Likes

Love Dinosaur Jr. Great memories of Freak Scene and Mudhoneys Touch Me I’m Sick being played (and moshed to!) in the late 80s indie club nights here.

1 Like

Cassettes:

seal-iv
Seal IV (2003)

jessie ware
That! Feels Good! - Jessie Ware
One of the best pop / disco albums of 2023 so far, I think

2 Likes

I’m a pretty big Dinosaur Jr fan so I’m biased. It it’s a really good record. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sonic Youth - Spinhead Sessions 1986

3 Likes

I only know one Dinosaur Jr song - Feel the Pain. It was my song of choice on Guitar Hero many moons ago. Love that song. What would be a good entry point for listening to them?

Purchased at the No-Ones/Minus 5 gig last night. Scott McCaughey signed the newest Minus 5, and Buck signed the other two. I’m not entirely sure why I didn’t get both to sign all of them. I was a bit starstruck, I guess! Would’ve loved the Norwegian guys to sign too, but they didn’t hang around.

I’ve been streaming the new Minus 5 and No-Ones. Like them both a lot.

4 Likes

Also, I love that Buck signed his picture on the No-Ones cover!

2 Likes

Poignant, seeing the photo of Bill Rieflin on the Dungeon Golds CD. :frowning:

1 Like

Good question. There’s kind of three phases of Dinosaur Jr: original lineup, major label and reunion.

Recommendations for each phase
Original: You’re Live All Over Me
Major Label: Where You Been
Reunion: Beyond

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check those out.

2 Likes

Eric’s Trip - First Album

3 Likes

Just listened to that on youtube, its class. Reminds me of the early My Bloody Valentine eps and early Teenage Fanclub. Shame that its only available in Canada, shipping kills me.

I would also recommend Mega City Four and their Tranzophobia album if you like this kind of thing.

1 Like

Shipping sucks. There’s so much I’d order if shipping wasn’t so high. It is what it is. Gets me going to local stores anyways.

I’ll look into that Mega City Four album.

I let some friends talk me into going with them to a local record show earlier today. My poor wallet….

5 Likes

pj_harvey
I Inside The Old Year Dying - PJ Harvey (on vinyl)

jessie_ware
What’s Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition) - Jessie Ware (double cassette)

birdy
Young Heart - Birdy (cassette)

4 Likes

This was in the £1 room in my local 2nd hand record shop and I couldnt leave it despite having it at home (and having the vinyl reissue on pre-order…). Its now on constant rotation in the car. Such a great, underated album.

7 Likes

Just bought this one in Edinburgh, since I’m there on holiday. I’d been looking for it for a while, I once had it on CD and loved it.
The guy who sold it to me was wearing a Fables T-shirt :grin:

5 Likes

Visiting Ontario for a week. Yesterday I Went record shopping in Toronto with my best friend from high school.

Beat Happening - S/T

Can - Landed

Guided By Voices - Propeller

4 Likes