Recent music purchases

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams

3 Likes

The new Bonnie Prince Billy album, Keeping Secrets Will Destroy You. Still don’t have my record player set up in the new house yet, so I’ve been streaming it. It’s growing on me, but it might be a slow burner…

3 Likes

91NydhGC5kL.SY355

5 Likes

Sooo good! Great album

1 Like

Sonic Youth - Brooklyn NY (August 12, 2011)

2 Likes

the_zen_kiss
Sheila Chandra - The Zen Kiss (1994 - first time on vinyl, issued this year)

mystify
Michael Hutchence - Mystify: A Musical Journey With Michael Hutchence (on cassette)

2 Likes

Melvins - The Bulls & the Bees/Electroretard

3 Likes

71VZ+1TyQsL.SY355

4 Likes

The Byrds - Younger than Yesterday

3 Likes

The Beatles - Revolver Box Set

3 Likes

Up 1

Record (640x480)
Pre-ordered Up, 25th Anniversary black LP. Also, while walking past a record store, I picked up a Dire Straits record I didn’t have, plus a cute hand made keyring.

4 Likes

I am really looking forward to getting Up on vinyl.

1 Like

Me too. :arrow_up: :two_hearts: The vinyl sold out at one stage, I read there is now more in stock at R.E.M.HQ.

1 Like

Up vinyl green limited edition

2 Likes

Birthday vinyl and things

Pink Floyd - Relics

SIANspheric - Somnium

2 Likes

I picked this up last week in the charity shop. 1973 produced arranged and conducted by Jeff Wayne (War of The Worlds etc). I always liked Lamplight because of its slight weirdness and because of the yellow streetlight outside my bedroom window being such a comfort growing up but didn’t buy the 45 and David Essex was never really a pin up of mine but its the B side that amuses me. We All Insane ( never a truer word written/sung ). The verses are wacky, the chorus goes “I’m gonna really shock you, you’re a Bad Dude, That’s the name of the game, We All Insane” lots of backing Wooos plus a nod to the Beach Boys’ Barbara Ann at the end (!) Oh and there’s a 15 bar fantastic rolling stereo drum/tomtom solo in the middle!

2 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Mono)

The Who - Face Dances (2 LP)

4 Likes

Babehoven Light Moving Time

One of my most favorite current bands. I picked this up when I saw Babehoven open for Slow Pulp last weekend. It’s their first full length album. Their next one will be out in 2024. The first single, “Chariot” is out now. Difficult to describe but I just love their dreamy, ethereal sound. I find it perfect for the post-sunset time of day when there’s still some orange lingering in the night sky.

2 Likes

IMG_1196

No longer living in the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) region of NC anymore, shopping for vinyl locally isn’t an option. Even when it came to the big boxes, only Best Buy had the new (and last) Buffett album in stock. Their website said they had two in stock but there were none in the racks. When I asked about it at the front counter all I got were some baffled looks. Another employee overheard and came to the rescue. About 6 or 7 minutes later he emerged from the back with a copy of the album. Evidently, it had never been put out.
I don’t have a working stereo or room for one at the moment but there’s a local business that was hosting a vinyl night. They’re no longer doing that but one of the friends I’ve made there said I can bring my records in anytime. However, the first listen will likely be streaming it. I’ve started listening through headphones on the beach so that will probably happen at some point later today. Appropriate as well for the perfect setting to listen to the last Jimmy Buffett album though I wish that wasn’t the case.

5 Likes

The Who - Quadrophenia OST

1 Like