Recent music purchases

First CD I’ve bought in a while. Been streaming War on Drugs heavily for a few weeks and I’m really quite taken with them. Got tickets to see them in June, and bought this so I can listen to it in the car.

(Still haven’t found a home for the record player in my new house, so the vinyl habit is on sabbatical for the moment…)

4 Likes

New Vinyl

The Seventy Sevens - Pray Naked

Television - The Blow-Up

New Cassette

Jacob Earl - A Darkness Fell Upon Me

2 Likes

I may have a vinyl problem.

Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth/Loose Ends & Sharp Cuts

2 Likes

I have a storage problem. I need a new cd tower and my vinyl records are stored in three different places. I keep my favourites close by, some are stored in another room & some in the garage. I wish I could keep them all together in one room, I don’t have the space.

2 Likes

Likely mentioned countless times before but I also have no space except in my case, it goes for pretty much all of my physical media. In my current living space I have enough room for a bed and some clothes. Pretty much everything else I own is in storage and will likely remain there for the foreseeable future. Even though I have no way to listen to it, I will still purchase the occasional vinyl record. I did the same for many years when my vinyl was in storage before I enjoyed a brief reacquaintance with it a few years ago. I’m hoping things will turn out differently but once I find a new place to stay I will likely be facing the same situation as far as a lack of space. I’m streaming at the moment which is my only option.

2 Likes

I have a problem and it’s not space…yet.

Black Sabbath - Past Lived

2 Likes

You do buy a lot of vinyl. There is worse that one can do. :+1:

2 Likes

When I got started with my vinyl hobby, I promised myself that I would only buy one record a month.

Right now, I’m on October, 2096.

6 Likes

I’m not struggling but I’m feeling the pinch of inflation and the cost of living, plus trying to catch up after all the spending on gifts over Christmas. It has put me on halt for record buying. Hopefully I can purchase some records on my wish list at the end of the month.

1 Like

Still buying cheap 2nd hand stuff, but my energy costs have doubled and my mortgage payments increased recently, so approx £400 pcm worse off. Add food increases and petrol and I’m on the bones of my arse.

Picked up a nice copy of Play by Magazine though for £7 from a charity shop. Great live LP.

1 Like

Vinyl acquisitions

Larry Norman - Only Visiting This Planet

Television - Marquee Moon

2 Likes

During the past 6 or so weeks…

Cassettes

De La Soul – Buhloone Mind State (French release)

De La Soul – De La Soul Is Dead (French release)

LP

Funkadelic – One Nation Under A Groove

Parliament – Mothership Connection

Queen Latifah – All Hail The Queen (2021 Reissue / Red Vinyl)

7" Singles

Sam Cooke – Win Your Love For Me (1958 Mono)

Hootie & The Blowfish – Losing My Religion (2020 RSD / Clear vinyl)

CDs

The Weeknd – House Of Balloons

Wu-Tang Clan – Legend Of The Wu-Tang: Wu-Tang Clan’s Greatest Hits

2 Likes

Stooges - Fun House (2 LP version)

3 Likes

Sonic Youth - Walls Have Ears Vol. 1

Been on a Sonic Youth kick lately.

2 Likes

I also get the whole cassette thing. I recently discovered my apparently defunct cassette player/recorder does actually work and this sounds great on it plus its also got different stuff from the vinyl 12". One of a handful of cassettes I kept though after moving to a smaller house 6 years ago. My daughter made me throw a boxful out (“you never play them!”). She was right and they did raise £60 for Save the Children but well…

3 Likes

Bad Brains - Rock For Light (Original Mix)

David Bowie - Brecht’s Baal

Neil Young - Neil Young

Talking Heads - The Name of This Band Is…

4 Likes

The first record after all these years is still in its shrink-wrap. Now that the second has arrived it may be time for a marathon session listening to both from start to finish.

6 Likes

Due to my current living situation and limited space, I haven’t been making many physical media purchases. However, every so often I make an exception. The latest is this limited clear vinyl edition of The Record by boygenius. It also comes with a booklet and tattoo. This particular edition is sold only by independent record stores. I believe there are 6 variants all together, some more rare than others.

6 Likes

GZA’s Liquid Swords (Polish release) and Wu-Tang Clan’s Wu-Tang Forever (double-tape) on cassette.

5 Likes

Sonic Youth - Walls Have Ears Vol. 2

3 Likes