Dar Williams - It’s Alright

2 Likes

From Fatou’s new album

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Alternate Routes - Sundress

1 Like

Elton John played this in memory of George Harrison closing out Glastonbury on Sunday. He also sang both parts of Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me, in memory of George Michael. it would have been GM’s birthday. We all got emotional, esp my daughter who was there. It might be an idea for EJ to minimise his hairstyle a bit. Because he was headlining they interviewed him at home, and his bouffant cut owed a lot to Margaret Thatcher. It was more subdued on stage. Bright copper with day glo orange glasses. Gold suit that looked uncomfortable, but hey. He did a great set. His voice didn’t falter. For 77, he really pulled out all the stops and gave a bravura performance. Loads in the audience dressed up in Elton’s many styles which was fun. Both beautiful songs.

ETA- post in wrong place. Should be referencing Here Comes The Sun. I’m in the hospital, getting a transfusion of iron for anemia, which takes one hand out of action.
Cat Stevens/ Yusuf did a beautiful set of his catalogue on the Legend Stage. Blondie failed to impress, though she looks great. It was all too much for Lewis Capaldi, but the audience helped him out. Glastonbury has a special vibe. People look after each other both in the MASSIVE crowd, and struggling performers too.

Sonny and Char from the way, way back machine. Dedication to Peter Buck, who is a self proclaimed Benny Hill fan.

This one I heard on TripleJ’s Unearthed.
“Huh” - Logan

1 Like
1 Like

“Slychain” - Hermitude, from 2008

1 Like

And to go with this Ernie (who drove the fastest milkcart in the West). Incidentally I walked past Benny Hill once carrying a Tesco bag in Teddington (hence Two Ton Ted from Teddington in the song) :smile:

1 Like

Not one song, but a few…

I made a Michael Stipe playlist on my streaming app of choice recently. I discovered a whole bunch of collabs that he’s done that I’d never heard before. Currently absolutely loving these:

3 Likes

I’ve never heard these collabs either. Thanks! x

1 Like

Kinda obsessed with this song at the moment. The back story makes it pretty heartbreaking.

3 Likes

Really loving this one.

1 Like

The annual Adelaide Royal show starts this week. Every year I’m reminded of this song.
The most daring & scariest carnival ride I’ve been on was The Zipper. My favourite was the Gee Wizz, I believe it’s called the Tilt-a-Whirl or Waltzer in other countries. When I was dating my husband he taught me how to send the carriage into a spin by leaning to one side at the right moment. I haven’t seen those rides at the show for several years. I rarely go on wild carnival rides anymore, but we’re going anyway. My son always coaches me on to the Ghost Train. Good Times
Dire Straits - “Tunnel of Love”

3 Likes

Loving Chase Atlantic

1 Like

I love that song so much.

1 Like

Sorry feeling very sad in the middle of the night for no reason at all- maybe because of going to the Sotheby’s auction pre sale exhibition of all Freddie Mercury’s belongings and doing too much recently- so much beautiful stuff- he was such a talented one off (stupid thing to say- we’re all one offs- “remember you’re unique just like everyone else” but to me he seemed especially gifted) I wish I had known him.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me let off steam that was really helpful and I now feel much better. Change of pace:

1 Like