Post a song you love right now

This is sublime and I just stumbled across it. Those angels, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou drew tears from my eyes. I didn’t know the Boss had written it, but surely he loves the magic these ladies brought to this beautiful song of hope. It’s a lullaby for heartsore grown ups. Across The Border - Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Neil Young - YouTube

ETA Soz about the ads.

3 Likes

Thank you @SweetFannyAddams that has given me a real peaceful easy feeling at the start of this really sunny blue sky breezy day. I love the slow 4/4 country music timing and the sound of that funny twangy horizontal keyboard instrument thing Americans use. Very soothing. And the scenery, well, there’s nowt quite like it is there?

2 Likes

I’ve been watching loads of concert footage of the Moodies live recently! It’s so weird, I loved them back in the day, but never saw them live. When I met my hubby, he loved them too, so a lot of their songs were the background music to our, ahem, courtship. And time moved on and their music kind of got pushed to the background. It took a documentary for us to rediscover them. Such an great band! Fun fact - Justin Hayward has one child. A grown daughter. Named Doremi! My heart says cool idea, Justin, but it doesn’t trip off the tongue, does it? He’s been married to his wife for decades. Seems such a lovely man. And gorgeous! I bet he was running away from groupies most of his life. I love the Moody Blues. They were all brilliant musicians. Nights In White Satin, indeed. sigh.
How would you pronounce Doremi? Like in the Sound Of Music?

1 Like

cliche

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hey @acheron I really like this. I’m going to add it to a playlist. Thanks.

1 Like

This morning I have woken up in a really good mood. It’s Sunday (no sign of the Sun- yet but the Wx forecast for us today is really good. At least its not raining. It’s kind of muggy at the moment.) Best of all we have our Street Party later on which should be fun so looking forward to that and I am going to treat myself to back to back cinema today (two films). I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy on Friday and have forgotten how great cinema can be. Great escapism into another world (literally in that case! I am Groooooot! :laughing:.) So I have this in my head. A bit of Buddy Holly not live but then again the next best thing (a still frame picture). Have a good day y’all.

1 Like

The Stephen Kellogg song? He’s good, yeah. That whole album with his band the Sixers is good. (“Milwaukee” on that album is my other favorite.) He did a few more albums with the Sixers after that and then has been releasing music just as himself.

(Couple links of SK6ers songs I like: “Milwaukee”: Milwaukee - YouTube
“Shady Esperanto”: Shady Esperanto And The Young Hearts - YouTube
“Gravity”: SK6ERS - Gravity (Lyric Video) - YouTube )

Loving this band right now.

3 Likes

Thanks @acheron Milwaukee actually saw tears come streaming down my face - self pity I guess- why did I have to get to 62 to see the light/wake up to how things are? I can only think that we have to learn things in life in order to grow and get to where we are supposed to be or something like that if you get what I mean. Maybe some learn faster than others and I am a slow learner (never thought that was the case though!)

1 Like

So I watched the Coronation Concert at Windsor Castle on catch up (iPlayer) last night and this was the best thing on it for me. Katy Perry looked amazing in a fantastic gold dress and all the Royals joined in waving their flags

3 Likes

And this

1 Like

T
This was also a really different take on a favourite Simple Minds song (also used in Breakfast Club- great film btw)- a slow piano version so lovely and I think we can all put our own interpretations on it Don’t Forget About Me - Alexis Ffrench & Zak Abel (King Charles Coronation Concert 05/07/23) - YouTube

1 Like

Song I heard today by Jem Cassar-Daley.
“King Of Disappointment”

2 Likes

I shall check him out, thanks.

Kind regards

Kate

Been loving this one for a while, one of my favorites (if not my very favorite) from Welcome 2 Club XIII.

3 Likes

Ethiopian band Yegna - “Abet” featuring Ethio-raggae singer Haile Roots. - I just love Ethiopian music and dancing, all things Ethiopian, actually.

3 Likes

We had Ethiopian neighbours at one stage. They invited us to their home and treated us like family.
The lady of the house would cook up a beautiful wat with injere. They even gave me a jar of berbere to take home.

1 Like

Wow! Nice. I miss the food. Spent quite some time in Ethiopia (Somali, Afar, Amhara and Tigray regions as well as Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa and Harar) between 2009 and 2015. Beautiful country, people, languages, tastes, and sounds. Simply loved it.

2 Likes