Post a song you love right now

Milyamba by Sister Fa

2 Likes

Travis is one of those saved my life bands. First heard them around 2001 when I was dealing with some serious health issues. This is more recent. It’s beautiful.

3 Likes

@SweetFannyAddams I can’t help joining in any Travis song whenever I hear one on the radio

This woman is so brave and she has been inspired by her role as a poet to try and change her world. We absolutely do not know how lucky we are in our countries in many many ways. We can support the rest of the world through International aid and other worldwide charities and organisations but I do believe change comes best and most effectively from within a society. A beautiful and humbling song, thank you.

2 Likes

So pleased that Busted are reforming this year. They would have been my daughter’s first concert but she wasn’t allowed to go. Never mind maybe this year.

2 Likes

Like @Gargumma I have woken up with a song in my head this morning which is this:

3 Likes

Whether I always knew it or not, I’ve been dealing with depression to one degree or another throughout most of my life. As I’ve said in a recent post, when I first heard Julien Baker in 2017 I didn’t connect with her music. However, for whatever reason, I have now. I say “for whatever reason,” because I was dealing with depression back then as well. In fact, it was just prior to me being diagnosed with chronic depression. During a recent low point, it was though she was singing directly to me. I’m not the only one of her fans that feels that way. She sings about such dark topics that it has been said that sometimes, listening to her music feels like an invasion of her privacy. I have never attempted suicide but I have certainly thought about it. This is one of a few of her songs where I was knocked to my knees the first time I heard them. This is the title track from her first solo album.

2 Likes

Because of autism (I/we believe), I’ve also been battling chronic depression for most of my life, so you have my understanding and support. I don’t feel connected to most introspective singer-songwriters tho, in part because English is not my native language, so lyrics have always been secondary to me. I can appreciate deep meanings and memorize the lyrics and all, but only after I decide to dedicate some particular attention to the words. Usually, I attach to more intrincate and cathartic music to get lost in my own world.

1 Like

A bit of nostalgia I came across on youtube. Been with me for several days.
Roxy Music - “Same Old Scene”

3 Likes

Love love love this song right now:

“On the run from the modern age…”

I hear ya.

3 Likes

Back from 1970. Documentary about the Moody Blues, who I adored and still do. This was on one of their early albums. They were one track short for an album, on the day of recording Threw the band into a panic, they had part of a fast song, and part of a soft, dreamy one. The band mixed it up, and this is the result. Beautiful. Timeless. If you like this check out Tuesday Afternoon.

3 Likes

I had never heard of this or them. And I “love love love” the brilliant atmosphere of a contralto drenched in echoes propelled by an uptempo and ghosts.

1 Like

The acoustic played like a locomotive there reminds me a lot of the Spectreman theme, lol. I love that since I was a little kid.

1 Like

Internal Monologue FM for today is a song that’s driving me mad:

2 Likes

I must dig out my vinyl Every Good Boy Deserves Favour. I have the 45 of Nights in White Satin (didn’t everyone my age?!). Question is an interesting one and as true today as its ever been but I think its for us to figure it out for ourselves. The Heavens can’t be everywhere all at once. As in Heaven so below don’t forget. We have to take some personal responsibility for stuff I guess not expect help from outside all the time. Just my personal thoughts on the subject you understand. I like Isn’t Life Strange? You have to remember this applies to all those you love everywhere

2 Likes

What’s Tinie doing there???! Please go to Youtube and check out the Moody Blues live!

This bright sunny morning (for a nice change) it’s this

3 Likes

I love this song. “Sun, sun, sun here we come”… The sunbeams gradually emerging and gaining intensity in the instrumental.
Apparently, The Beatles were surrounded by a dark mood at the time. George Harrison wrote the song in Eric Clapton’s garden.

1 Like

I played this at my sister’s wedding.

1 Like

I saw this band Friday night in a very small venue. They blew me away.

3 Likes