Post a live video

A live performance of Grand Funk’s “We’re An American Band.” The album of the same name was released 50 years ago this month. I was 10 at the time. It was among the first 5 albums I owned as a kid. Lots of cool packaging: clear yellow vinyl and a set of GFR decals but aside from a few songs, I never found the album all that memorable. Still, it holds many fond memories for me like playing it at my 11th birthday party the next month and the beginning of my love of rock n’ roll and music in general.

2 Likes

Goodness this is so powerful I hung my head and cried. With everything that’s going on in this country - quite frankly its overwhelming and I wouldn’t know where to start- it’s a call to arms and solace that you’re not the only one holding your head in your hands at the same time. I’ve just written another 3 letters to Chief Execs of companies about their non recyclable packaging- how can they even be producing this stuff in this day and age? Don’t they have children???! Forgive the rant.

It certainly has varied and meaningful lyrics :joy: Nobody does big and brash like the Americans Loving the costumes- I think we’re seeing a bit of a comeback for those judging by some of the stuff I’ve seen recently.

R.E.M. “You Are The Everything” - Live at Wembley arena 1989

4 Likes
2 Likes

Salute to Tony Bennett. 1926 - 2023. He worked with many great musicians well into his later years. I love this performance from The Ed Sullivan Show, 1965.
“One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)”

1 Like

From yesterday at the Pitchfork festival.

3 Likes

Little Feat

2 Likes

This is so good. Saw these on TV at last years Glastonbury and really enjoy their thing. Khruangbin.

3 Likes

From In My Tribe, released on this day in 1987.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to Scott McCaughey. :notes: :partying_face::two_hearts: I love this Lou Reed song.
Eyelids w/ Scott McCaughey & Friends, live Mississippi Studios, Portland, Oregon - 2019
“Vicious”

3 Likes

Well worth checking out if you’re not already familiar with it and not just for the brief R.E.M. reference.

1 Like

As mentioned on R.E.M. HQ instagram, REM Tribute , Metro Chicago, 7/30/2023
“Swan Swan H”

2 Likes

This came up on a twitter feed today. Love seeing them play live like this. These songs are timeless too.

3 Likes

boygenius were on CBS Saturday Morning today which included an interview with Anthony Mason conducted back when they performed at Forest Hills Stadium in New York on June 17th. You can watch the interview here. As part of their Saturday Sessions series three songs were featured from the show.

2 Likes

Dire Straits in 1979.

2 Likes

R.I.P., Robbie Robertson.

3 Likes

I heard Robbie Robertson passed away yesterday. Some live videos from The Band , “The Last Waltz” were posted previously in this thread. I want to post another in salute.
“The Weight”

4 Likes

This is my go to video when I need cheering up. Michael singing Bruce;s song, Clarence Clemons on Sax, beautiful piano part, the E Street Band and the drummer really going for it oh and Michael’s dancing haha

2 Likes

Also can’t get enough of Kasabian’s “Algorithms” at the moment - singing it walking into work this morning (me a weirdo? Nooooo). Great lyrics- Algorithms taking control, they have us thinking they have a soul, they’ll never feel love- like this!

1 Like