Post a live video

Saw The Cure last night in Vancouver, BC. It was absolutely incredible. Amazing. Wonderful. Friends and I scored seventh row seats. The set list was fire.

They did their standard two encores, ending with Boys Don’t Cry. Then he said, “We have 16 minutes left…” and they just ripped into 10:15 Saturday Night and Killing an Arab (and he went with “Arab” as opposed to “another” as he’s done in the past. So fucking good. (Full video—not mine—of the very end of The Cure show.)

5 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble performing during Charlie Daniels’ Volunteer Jam in Nashville, TN in 1987.

2 Likes

I really love this Stevie Ray Vaughan cover from Bonnie Raitt. There was a live performance video on youtube at one stage. I can only find the audio at this point, still pretty awesome. I believe this is from a tribute that was held Austin Texas in 1995, featuring various artist.
“Pride & Joy”

2 Likes

A few boygenius songs from their show in Wilmington, NC a few nights ago. My first time seeing them.

4 Likes

They’re great aren’t they? I bet you were swept away. You know I think I’m detecting a trend here- young girls and guitars on both sides of the Atlantic-what with Wet Leg and Boy Genius…great stuff :+1:t5:

1 Like

I went with a group of girlfriends to see Spitting Image in London last night. Very funny and yes a bit naughty (as the guy on the desk who sold me a programme said!) It started with this

1 Like

And ended with this. Such a shame we lost Terry Hall- gone too soon… The Specials (and Fun Boy Three) were really, well, special

2 Likes

In a FB post I likened seeing them to what it must have been like to have seen the Beatles during the height of Beatlemania. They are something else. There was a surge of electricity sweeping through the crowd the entire evening. It was so special to be a part of that.

1 Like

This is my summer so far. This could be my final summer, my breathing is FUCKED. This song sums up my mood today and probably for at least a whole year back. It’s so chilled and darn accurate, on several levels. I could listen to this with a cold drink on a Devon beach @ sunset and float away. We’re going for a week in July. Please God, let the weather gods be our friends this year in the waiting line.

1 Like

Another stunner hitting where I keep my feels. Sia is truly a gift to us all.

2 Likes

There’s a live Spitting Image show? I never know these things in time. How you rate it? I love Spitting Image and no gigs lined up, this could be awesome.

Not long ago, boygenius did an acoustic set for SiriusXM. In addition to this Dan Reeder cover, they did "Not Strong Enough, “Cool About It,” and “We’re in Love.” There are clips for the first two on SiriusXM’s YouTube channel. You can listen to audio of the entire session here.

3 Likes

Hi it’s definitely very funny indeed (well, imho). I haven’t guffawed so much in ages just like at the original which ran for 12 years from 1984. I was doubled up in my seat at times and looking at my girlfriends to giggle with them at the “naughty” take on some people/issues .We were warned by the chap who sold me a programme. He wasn’t wrong. Obviously like with all comedy, some very serious points get made at which you will not smile but that can be the strength of satire can’t it? So yes if you appreciated the original this will be right up your street. Recommended.

New Back Porch Session from Garden & Gun featuring S.G. Goodman. If you like what you hear, check her tour dates here.

1 Like

Live from apparently the sidewalk outside in front of Wolf Trap: “Old Dominion” by Eddie From Ohio; Michael Clem (the bassist)'s attempt at writing a new state song for Virginia. (Everyone in the band is from Virginia, despite the name.) Having been up in the Blue Ridge last week I was thinking of the song.

For 25 years the lines at the end of the “locations” verse were “they’re harvesting in Loudoun with Shenandoah winds, and in the land near Washington they’re rooting for the 'Skins”. After the 2019 World Series they swapped in the new lines about the Nationals (“the colonials down in Williamsburg wear three-cornered hats, and in the land near Washington they’re rooting for the Nats”), and then the Redskins changed their name anyway and I would imagine “Washington Football Team” didn’t fit the meter.

(Update: EFO has officially retired from performing, but I located a recording of Michael Clem singing the song himself from last year. He came up with: “The Shenandoah River forks and meanders, and in the land near Washington they’re rooting for the Commanders”. :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

The ever marvellous John Grant, with Kylie. Chills, when she walks on stage. This might be my favourite song of his, and he’s sung it with a few people. Sinead O’Connor, Villagers. But this version knocks me out.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I go back to this so often, The Clash at their peak. Some pretty unreal guitar playing from Mick Jones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyYNKvYmXeY

1 Like

Julien Baker “Vessels”

3 Likes
3 Likes