Post a live video

Totally obsessed with Cannons

2 Likes

I have loved this band and song forever. It was my first post lockdown gig in June, last year. Neil Finn’s sons Liam (guitar) and Elroy (drums) are visible next to dad on the left. I was in a state of pure rapture when they did Distant Sun. We were encouraged to sing along, and I belted it it with every molecule in my heart dancing. London Roundouse June, 2022.

“I don’t pretend to know what you want, but I offer love” swoon

2 Likes

Oh dear I love Crowded House (have (had ? Did they get chucked? I know one went missing- 2 x CDs) but I can’t make out what Neil Finn is singing here- I could do with subtitles! Something about by your side and that’s it. Oh well.

Tell me all the things you would change
I don’t pretend to know what you want
When you come around and spin my top
Time and again, time and again

No fire where I lit my spark
I am not afraid of the dark
Where your words devour my heart
And put me to shame, put me to shame

Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I’m by your side
And dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

Still so young to travel so far
Old enough to know who you are
Wise enough to carry the scars
Without any blame, there’s no one to blame

It’s easy to forget what you learned
Waiting for the thrill to return
Feeling your desire burn
And drawn to the flame

When your seven worlds collide
Whenever I’m by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Dust from a distant sun

And I’m lying on the table
Washed out in a flood
Like a Christian fearing vengeance from above
I don’t pretend to know what you want
But I offer love

Seven worlds will collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun

As time slips by
As time slips by
I fell asleep
And the dust lay on the ground

And they are very much still a recording and touring band, the gig I saw was almost exactly a year ago (postponed b/c the plague). They were thrilling, immaculate, as ever.

1 Like

Who is this by? I really like it.

They’re the lyrics to Distant Sun. Crowded House. You said you couldn’t make them out in the video, so I typed them out under the live set.

Hi Etty

This is great but I’ve already forgotten the name of the band! What is it again? Also, it would be nice to meet up in K’ton or somewhere. Maybe we can speak on the phone first? I just need to establish you are who you seem to be – a woman in Carshalton with a husband and family. Really, I do not trust the internet at all I’m afraid (yes, I know I should be walking UNAFRAID but when I do that I can sometimes come a cropper like the time I was chatting to a friendly guy on the train to work (in a carriage full of people I hasten to add) who then followed me off the train at Clapham Junction whereupon I said I thought you were going to South London and he said no then he got on my train (I was going to work) and proceeded to sit down next to me (creepy) so I felt uncomfortable and got up and moved carriages and he followed me again (I’m getting a bit worried by this time). I jump out of the train at the next stop, run along the platform and jump back on (he does the same). I run down the train and end up in first class at the front thinking I’m safe and he finds me and comes in and traps me in my seat. Anyway, we get to my stop and I have to get out so I get up and push past him and he slaps my backside (!). I am terrified by this stage, the adrenaline is pumping and run off down the platform (I was practically a grandmother at this stage of my life- how could this happen to me?!) I heard the guard saying “stop the train there’s a lady been attacked” (other passengers had seen me running and shouting through the carriages) “but she’s run off” (too right I’d run off- I wasn’t sticking around!) and got to work and calmed down a bit. They said go home but I needed the distraction of work. Anyhow, I reported the incident but they never found him. Moral of the story is – I should have gone straight to the guard but I panicked and couldn’t think straight I could only think of getting away from him which meant running as fast as I could.

So you see I get a bit nervous but I think from your posts you are genuine (although I’m not sure about your profile pic? Who is that?) but maybe we could speak on the phone and meet in a very public place during the daytime and/or I could bring someone with me? My phone no is 07870 919772. Sorry if this all sounds hyper sensitive!

Kind regards

Kate

My eyes lit up when I saw that the Wildhearts tour was coming to Asheville last summer but alas, I was unable to attend. Love this performance with some of my all time favorite musicians all on one stage.

1 Like

This is both great and completely baffling. Need help. The lyric on the record is “and I’m so sad, like a good book I can’t put back…” but in the 2 live recordings I found Tori singing what sounds like “I’m so fee”. I’m so FEE? Sophie? WTF? Tori fans, help me out. This is one of my fave Tori songs, and I’m just confused.

3 Likes

Isn’t she just pronouncing some of the words a bit different? Like “fairytale with yeeee” instead of “with you”?

It’s possible, but that just sounds horrible. The only other alternative word could be saucy. Tori, you’re frying my poor distressed brain.

Goodness I can’t get enough of this song right now I’ve heard it. I’ve forgotten which of you posted it but it’s in my brain and I’ve woken up with it there this morning! It’s so true!

1 Like

I’ve even gone out and bought myself a proper sound system so that I can play my vinyl (I have 3 x Tom Petty albums I’m desperate to hear properly -particularly after seeing Book Club: Final Chapter at the weekend- American Girl features- not to mention my pile of 45s.) I have a signed copy of Franz Ferdinand’s second album (signed in gold ink) which I won in a competition from when I was in their (quite short lived) fan club. They need something better than a portable box where the sound gets picked up through the arm and the speakers are tinny. Vinyl is seeing a comeback (I see it in the Oxfam shop I work in- it flies out the door- we had some Beatles original LPs in- I hate to say it but you know people pop their clogs I guess and the family have to clear out their stuff. Anyway they went like hot cakes at a good price) so I’m just joining the throng. Hang onto yours @DriverNate fortunes change- 3 certainties in life- death, taxes and change. Anyhow when it arrives I’m going to immerse myself and give my brain a soothing bath of music.

1 Like

On this day 1989, R.E.M. released the third single from the album Green, “Pop Song 89”, in the US.
Live - Tour film 1989

2 Likes

That was me who posted it originally. I can’t play the video you linked to though, Youtube says “unavailable”. :frowning:

18th May, Remembering Chris Cornell.
“The Day I Tried To Live” - Hard Rock Calling Festival, London, UK - July 2012

1 Like

Rest in peace Tina Turner. Nov. 26, 1939 - May 24, 2023. I’ve lost count how many times I line danced to “Nutbush City Limits” at parties, and always a packed floor. :notes::two_hearts:
“What’s Love Got To Do With It” - 1997

3 Likes

One of my current faves. Going to see her live in November.

3 Likes

Here are Bonnie Prince Billy and Matt Sweeney, with Emmett Kelly, performing a track from their album Superwolves, for an audience of… super wolves.

I particularly enjoyed the ending. Beautiful song too, from one of my favourite albums of recent years.

1 Like

On a Bonnie Prince Billy tip tonight. Only R.E.M. are above him, for me. This video features Angel Olsen, and it’s just magical.

2 Likes