Who were we back then?

I posted about this a couple times but nobody, by which I mean Ethan has noticed or replied. So a couple weeks ago the server didn’t recognise my username, which is the same one I had on the old board but I digress. I wasn’t allowed in even though I’ve been happily posting under SweetFannyAddams here for yonks. I was confronted by a bot who drove me insane treating me as a new user despite my protestations, and after a while began interacting with this bot for fun (boring day). In the end, bot gave up. Said it was a pretty useless bot but nevertheless wouldn’t let me in with my perfectly valid username. So now I am Sweet Fanny Addams 1st. Which is ridiculous. Not spamming, just pissed off. Ethan, please fix this and teach the bot not to be useless or bin it please. Aaaaargh!

1 Like

Welcome back, Gary!

Well that sucks, Etty. If it’s any consolation, your old posts are still showing up.

Who was it that had Venus de Milo as their avatar? I may be remembering wrong but as best I can remember, she was a moderator and I don’t recall her weighing in on this thread or during the relaunch of Murmurs in general. Her screen name is on the tip of my tongue…

I’m not 100% sure, could it be Moni(Monika)? She lived in Austria, had a special interest in classical music and moderated the Mike Mills sub-forum I think.

I don’t remember who you’re talking about specifically, but MeanCat was the moderator of the Mills sub forum: We Talk Administration and Moderators

(Unfortunately the Wayback Machine doesn’t have individual old threads or user pages, but some of the lists of users or posters are findable)

2 Likes