Who were we back then?

life hasn’t been cruel to my old site :laughing: Sweetness Follows - UK R.E.M Fansite

1 Like

Nice photo with Michael.

2 Likes

Of course.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Gail. I chose 9-9 because that’s my birthday. I joined murmurs right before it shut down and then found the fb group. I only really discovered R.E.M. in 2010 when I was 51, a year before they split. Collapse was the only new album I had to anticipate, but collecting the back catalogue was fun and all new to me. I live vicariously through all your stories. You all seem so young, having grown up with this music, while I’m the age of the band members. Oh well better late than never! Rock on!

9 Likes

We are not all young. There are somewhere between a few and quite a few of us who are older. :slight_smile:

REM’s music reaches across generations. My kids loved seeing them every tour that came around. Now those kids are young men.

5 Likes

Thanks so much! So far so good, except for no sleep. Comes with the territory.

1 Like

Goin old school with this joke:

A/S/L

“About the lube thing.”

3 Likes

Well, I’m 51 (closing in on 52) now, so not that young.

And, welcome.

4 Likes

I figured you’d find your way back but I thought if you right away.

1 Like

Tattoos, I haz them. The cancer ribbons are for me, blue colon cancer, and the orange is kidney cancer for Steve (Wingnut) and the date he passed. I’ve thought of getting another R.E.M. one but I have other tat priorities.

11 Likes

That’s beautiful. I was stunned to hear about Steve; the world is a poorer place without him.

5 Likes

Hi! I’m Amy. I joined not long after the original Murmurs.com launched. I was a 21 yr old college kid in Chapel Hill NC. Back then I was traveling the world to see our boys in concert as often as I could. Now, I’m working in healthcare and chauffeuring my kids around. I’m 45, married for 17yrs, with 3 kids. (15, 13, and 7). We relocated from NC to Colorado about 10 years ago. A lot of things have changed, but my love for Berry, Buck, Mills, and Stipe is just as strong as it ever was.

Glad to see this site back among the living. :heart:

4 Likes

Tattoos. Have a lot. Planning the next one. No REM ones, though. Love the tattoo for Steve.

3 Likes

Here’s my REM tattoo.

19 Likes

Very well chosen, really beautifully designed!

I still have to figure out what to get on my right arm.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Very cool. I’m planning to get certain lyrics from Find The River on my left arm and “fall into the ocean” on my right wrist. The challenge is to find a tat artist with beautiful handwriting in small letters. Still looking, and I know it won’t be cheap. So I’m being fussy. My first tat (I only have 2) was done in Athens, Ga. Astrological signs that are personally meaningful to me. I think the place was called pain and wonder, something like that. The second is in a more intimate place and that’s all I’m saying.

3 Likes

Etty, I remember that first tattoo.

You do? Wow! That was a long time ago, about 20 years. I’ve never regretted it.

1 Like