Welcome to Murmurs!

It’s great to be back :grin:

5 Likes

Grace!!! Welcome home.

1 Like

This has been a lovely surprise - thanks Ethan!

3 Likes

Very cool to see so many familiar names- well done, Ethan.

1 Like

waves

And waves again …

… since a post has to be a min of 10 characters.

rolls eyes

Neat! I missed the boat on joining Murmurs before, and don’t have a Facebook so this is excellent news for me :slight_smile: R.E.M always seems to attract nice humans, so this brings me joy. :slight_smile: Any ground rules a newbie needs to know?

[quote=“FoundTheRiver, post:26, topic:7, full:true”] Any ground rules a newbie needs to know?
[/quote]

Once every month or so, you need to dramatically quit the messageboard while declaring you will never come back. Then come back like a week later.

This is called “flouncing.”

Edit - the quote replies seem to be a little funky.

4 Likes

“That’s it, I’m leaving Murmurs”

We even had a t-shirt!

I think it was a flouncing user named Summer something that coined “feaks”

3 Likes

Well I’d better get a head start and leave already! :joy: Thanks! :slight_smile:

New here Hello! Love R E.M. as does everyone here and just trying to figure out how to use it.

I don’t remember who. My recollection: Someone called us freaks but misspelled it which is how we got the glorious feaks.

That’s about all I remember.

Summer Season was her name. The Asher’s probably have the screen shots.

Thank you Ethan for relaunching murmurs.
This will be my second home again, along with my football (soccer) club forum.

Well there was also the brown polyester uniforms. Or was that only for mods? I forget, it was a long time ago…

Is Adam Scott secretly here yet?

(for those who listened to the R U Talkin’ R.E.M. R.E: Me podcast)

3 Likes

I told him we are open again.

4 Likes

It feels good!

1 Like

Wait, is this an episode of ”Is relaunching Murmurs a good reason for a new episode? I think it is”? I think it is!

2 Likes

This is incredible! I’ve been paddling around in the poison waters of Twitter ever since I learned a little more than I wanted to know about my relatives in Facebook, and I was just lamenting the dearth of real internet communities like we used to have in the olden days at the turn of the century (which I spent in Murmurs chat). It’s so good to see some familiar names!

7 Likes

Donna! Woo! :smiley:

1 Like