Welcome to Murmurs!

From 1996 to 2014, Murmurs.com was a home (then the home) for R.E.M. fans online. Over time, Facebook started encapsulating most of the community side, and the band broke up. Well, Facebook is now mostly terribly, and while R.E.M. isn’t making new music, their history, and the work of the individual members still continues to resonate. So, in this year 2022, 42 years after the infamous show in 1980, and 26 years after Murmurs.com launched, we are back.

24 Likes

Thanks for bringing Murmurs back. This could be exciting, creating and bringing back ‘community’ again, the one thing that Facebook can’t do in total - create or nurture a community.

Thank you Ethan.

5 Likes

Thank you, Ethan.

1 Like

Thanks Ethan

2 Likes

Please everyone start some topics. I believe that’s possible for new users in this software?

3 Likes

Omg. Thank you for bringing it back!! Sometimes you just realize you have been missing something in life so bad, when u found it back. I guess I missed this a lot. FB was ok for a while, but here we can be reunited. Thank you so much Ethan!

3 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you for the add! I wish I knew of this from the start…

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t get to be a part of it last time, so I’m happy to be here!

1 Like

Thanks, I am so excited to be here as I also wasn’t here the first time around even though they have been my fav band for over 30 years. Hello to everyone from the most remote part of Scotland!

Thank you Ethan! I’m so happy to back and to see familiar names and faces!!

Hey Feaks!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Lindy? Is that you? :grin:

Sorry to disappoint but not Lindy. But now I wonder if there is another Scot around. :laughing:

1 Like

Vetiver is one, and I’m sure Lindy and Sheila will hit the ground here soon enough. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi!! Here I am. 25 miles south of Glasgow… Good to meet you!! :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s exciting to know. I will keep my eyes out for them. :grinning:

1 Like

Hiya. I am in the Shetland Islands. Good to meet you as well! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi there. Not made it to the Shetland Islands yet but it is on my list… Nice to meet you… This is what I always loved about Murmurs - getting to meet people.

1 Like

This is weird - but I like it!

8 Likes

Weird is what we aim for here! :grin:

2 Likes

I am already really enjoying it here everyone seems so lovely. And Shetland is a big journey 14 hours on the ferry is no joke.

1 Like