Vaccines and you

So many lives were destroyed. We cannot let the people who knowingly harmed others get away with it.

The studies behind these failed “vaccines” (they’re not actually vaccines; vaccines are thoroughly tested and actually work) and the other failed COVID measures continue to trickle out.

What Big Pharma and their bought and paid for politicians did was one of the worst crimes ever committed in this country and to date, no one has been held accountable.

Been trying to avoid responding to this, but not sure I can any more.

On the off-chance that anyone reading this thinks that you’re speaking with any, you know, truth or knowledge, I feel the need to make clear the following:

What you’re actually doing is peddling and perpetuating dangerous conspiracy theory nonsense, and using vague, unsubstantiated, but triggering, phrases like ‘big pharma’ and mysterious ‘studies’ to do so. It’s Trump-esque claptrap, and a symptom of the awful, social-media driven pickle that the human race has gotten itself into.

As long as the likes of you continue to believe people like Joe Rogan ahead of actual scientists, and actual doctors, and vote for cretins like Trump-era republicans (or in the UK, the current incarnation of the Tory party) then we’re all fucked.

I mean you no harm or ill will, I just felt the need, in the interests of balance, to reject everything you’ve written in this thread for what it is: complete and utter horseshit.

4 Likes

You know, there are many thousands of other sites where you can argue about Covid vaccines, it doesn’t need to be here. :stuck_out_tongue:

In any case, I did get a flu shot yesterday. Dr did mention both shingles and that new RSV vaccine that Kelly talked about in the first post, but I’m still years away from those.

3 Likes

I was born in 1970 and don’t have the smallpox scar (b/c I didn’t get the shot). My brother born in 1968 got the shot and has the vaccine. I have friend’s born in 1971 who still got the smallpox vaccine, but it was right about then that the disease was eradicated—all thanks to vaccines. Because they worked.

I got my shingles vaccines a couple years ago. I’ve had several friends under the age of 50 who’ve had it and it was not fun.

I got my COVID booster and flu mid-Sept. Working at a university, getting vaxxed is a matter of public health. Also, I don’t like being sick.

I’m not going to argue vaccines because there is plenty of science and real life evidence proving the effectiveness of vaccines, especially mRNA, which BTW, has been around since the 1970s. The research and development of mRNA has been evolving and changing—as is the nature of scientific research—and was used when fighting the Ebola virus in a few countries in Africa (and they were effective). Because the research was there when a worldwide pandemic hit, scientists were able to build on what had already been done.

5 Likes

Kind of reminiscent of the discussions & arguments that happened at the old mumurs. I know, it gets tiring. The disinformation industry must be raking in money for sure.

“Once you get the vaccine, you can’t get COVID”
“The vaccines stop transmission”
“The vaccines are safe and effective”

THAT was the dangerous nonsense that was being peddled.

And if you think the adverse reactions are conspiracy theories, say that to the face of the people I know whose lives have been RUINED by the jabs.

Stop doing the bidding of Big Pharma. If you like the jabs, keep getting them. But stop trying to marginalize those speaking their truth.

What the vaccine does I understand is reduce inflamation so you have less chance of dying from the virus.

No one is pushing the vaccine on to you, just trying to sort out facts from all the myths.

2 Likes

[quote=“driverate, post:26, topic:1579”]“Once you get the vaccine, you can’t get COVID”
“The vaccines stop transmission”
“The vaccines are safe and effective”

THAT was the dangerous nonsense that was being peddled.[/quote]

I never heard anything like that from a reputable source, and certainly not from scientists or doctors. All vaccines, indeed all medicines have side effects. Always have. No vaccine that I’m aware of has 100% efficacy. But they do dramatically increase survival rates.

I promise you I know more people whose lives were ruined by covid than by the vaccine. I don’t personally know anyone who had any significant side effects to the vaccine. I know many, many people who either died, or lost someone important to them, from covid. I know people who lost jobs, businesses, homes. Because of covid.

On side effects quickly, to pick one, blood clots: yes, some vaccinated people developed blood clots and died. However, significantly more people developed blood clots as a direct result of having covid.

I don’t really know who you mean by “big pharma”, but it sounds to me to be the sort of perceived/invented enemy that the far right uses to rile up their base. If I’m doing the bidding for anyone, it’s science.

I’ll never change your mind about any of this. You’ll never change mine. The point of my post was to provide the opposing viewpoint to something that I believe to codswallop.

3 Likes

What is the efficacy of this vaccine?

I know you weren’t replying to me, but why you are asking that question when you continue to dismiss answers in this thread as “bidding for 'Big Pharma”

From - The Lancet, 2023
“The efficacy of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines is higher for preventing severe infection and death than for preventing milder infection. Vaccine efficacy wanes over time but can be enhanced by a booster. Higher antibody titres are associated with higher estimates of efficacy but precise predictions are difficult due to large unexplained heterogeneity. These findings provide an important knowledge base for interpretation and application of future studies on these issues.”

4 Likes

Also from The Lancet: Within three weeks of the first dose, twice as likely to be infected and twice as likely to be hospitalized.

Governor Hochul: "It doesn’t matter if you’ve already been vaccinated. Take no comfort in that. Thank you for getting vaccinated in the past, but that is not protecting you today”

“Tell everybody don’t rely on the fact that you had a vaccine in the past, it will not help you this time around.”

The polio vaccine was a miracle drug. The COVID “vaccine” is not.

That paper from The Lancet was discussing associations of BMI with COVID-19 vaccine uptake, probably do with diabetes & endocrine disorders. It also says - “After the third dose, the number of cases of hospitalisation and death was much smaller and there was little evidence of any association with BMI with wide 95% CIs.”

Also, it has well been reported that the covid virus mutates into variants, you should know that. That’s why one gets a booster shots. The same with the influenza virus, so one gets a flu shot every year.

I understand that polio has 3 variants. One type still exists in Afghanistan & Pakistan due to vaccine rollouts being difficult because of political conflict & people in those countries refusing vaccination. The two other variants were eradicated from most of the world I believe in 2019.
Back then we didn’t have the likes of QAnon & co. spreading misinformation and claptrap like a virus itself.

4 Likes

I don’t think many people were/are listening to the QAnon whackjobs.

The real misinformation was that these vaccines would prevent us from getting COVID and would prevent us from spreading it.

A certain former president rolled up the Brinks truck to Big Pharma and gave them legal immunity. A certain former president and the current president were both shouting this from the mountaintops. Heck, they were tripping over each other trying to take credit for the vaccines, back when it was fashionable.

It was clear before the broad rollout in the United States that the vaccines were NOT doing that (as evidenced by the massive post-vaccination surge of COVID in Israel), but the politicians and Big Pharma continued to tell the line that vaccines were 95% effective in preventing infection and transmission.

Neither the current president nor a certain former president have ever been held accountable for their false claims about the vaccines.

Was it? The polio vaccine you call “a miracle drug” requires 4 doses to be 99 - 100% effective. Doses start at 2 months old and the final 4th dose at 4 - 6 y.o. Vaccinated adults who travel to countries where there is a risk of exposure to polio, a booster is recommended.
Think about it. How many in the world do you think have the recommended shots for covid?

1 Like

How many people do you know who have had “break-through polio?”

How many people do you know who have had “break-through COVID?”

The reality is that a majority of people have had break-through COVID at this point (some of us have had it twice or more now!). The vaccines failed, but Big Pharma is addicted to the money.

For proper context, here’s the source for NY Gov. Hochul’s comment where she explains how the vaccine needs to evolve with the ever changing virus, and urges people to get vaccinated. I personally see it as a medical breakthrough to be able to adapt to a rapidly mutating coronavirus with an annual shot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=433&v=D7iQ0o2TmYo

P.S. Nobody in my family has had COVID despite multiple confirmed exposures.

3 Likes

Yeah, I forgot the RSV vaccine is just for old and very young people. It’s weird being the same age as old people.

I would definitely recommend the shingles vaccine. My Mom had shingles in her 40s, and my Dad did in his 50s. They had a terrible time for weeks.

I watched the video & learnt something, I thought the shots for the covid variant was a booster but it’s not, it’s a new vaccine designed to attack the new variant. :+1:

1 Like

…a “new vaccine” that was approved without any human trials. Nice job, Big Pharma!

You may have missed @bizaleth post and sorry, I should have said “new updated mRNA vaccine”