Post Your Music!

Nice! :notes: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Been following your YouTube channel for a while. Love the cover songs. Very well done. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

A friend who’s a bass player just reminded me I have these three little files I recorded for when we wanted to have an online R.E.M. cover band a little over two years ago. I recorded them using backing tracks from YouTube and, well, my phone, so please keep that in mind. This is FAR from quality recordings. It’s just ambient sound in my old bedroom with zero effects, EQ, nothing. I couldn’t find a studio where to properly record my vocals, and we couldn’t find a few other band members, so the whole thing was kept aside.

These Days: audition-thesedays

Tongue: audition-tongue

Radio Free Europe: audition-RFE

5 Likes

Pretty good! You sing well. :notes:

2 Likes

Often overlooked and not widely loved by fans, Time After Time (annElise) is an anomaly on Reckoning with its tribal drums and eastern sounding guitars. But I’ve always kind of liked it from the first time I heard it. It has that mantra / Venus In Furs thing going on and I’ve always loved Stipe’s very lazy vocal on it even though it’s far from being one of his best vocal performances. I’m no hardcore R.E.M. historian but I’m fairly sure this wasn’t played live until the medley with So. Central Rain in 1987 and then maybe played a few times on the 2008 tour when all the rarities got thrown in. This maybe suggests it wasn’t a song the band were particularly enthusiastic about.

It was the backing track that took me the time to put together, the vocal itself was relatively straightforward for this one. Just had to sound bored and slightly flat, fortunately that comes naturally to me anyway :slight_smile:

Fun fact for guitarists, this song is played with a capo on the 1st fret, presumably to bring it in to a key that Michael Stipe was more comfortable with.

https://youtu.be/Ay674XSJeJM

6 Likes

One of my fav R.E.M. songs. Wonderful! :notes: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you, Lori!

1 Like

Nice! I love this song, always have. Glad to see someone else noting the Velvets influence. I played it to a schoolfriend many moons ago, who was a bit of a music snob. It was around the time of Automatic when everyone thought R.E.M. were a shiny happy pop band. He was pretty cynical about them, but he liked this song.

3 Likes

It’s crazy how different Time After Time is from songs they were writing just 7 years later, songs like Shiny Happy People and Losing My Religion. To me they sound like completely different bands/singers. But I suppose you could say that about The Beatles, they wrote Day In The Life just 3 years after they wrote Can’t Buy Me Love! Bands can change quickly.

1 Like

These sound great, good job! I particularly like the way you’ve gone with the higher “slapped it on my head” in These Days, the way Stipe sings it in Tourfilm. Have always preferred that slightly different melody to the album version.

2 Likes

One of my favourite R.E.M. songs to play on acoustic guitar. I remember learning to play this after my first long-term relationship ended and finding the process quite therapeutic! I love the guide vocals Michael Stipe sings on the Out Of Time demo, melodies that were abandoned but ended up inspiring some of the orchestral parts. A really nice song with some lovely chord progressions.

https://youtu.be/Z1EVPO-f5qE

4 Likes

I clicked on these days and got a very confused looking page when in tiny print it said your download is beginning, then said my “downloader” needed repair. So I went into my downloads and there it was!! Very nice :+1::blush::rooster:

2 Likes

Thank you, Linda! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had had a limb poke me in the eye and it was 100° and we had no air for a week. I sweating and it kept getting in my eye. Just saying that because there’s parts that are a little shitty.

https://youtu.be/gguyTOtDtLc

2 Likes

I’m looking for someone who deals with DAWs and maybe even plays real instruments to make Factoid come true. Must have an indie sensibility, like not just R.E.M., but also Pixies, Depeche Mode, Cure, Kraftwerk, New Order all that new wave sound, but with a rockier feel. Also, maybe some metal guitar (it’s the only slightly metal element). For the songs, see way above.

1 Like

https://ekasat.bandcamp.com/album/word-salad-daze

I’ve just finished and released my new album on bandcamp. Check it out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I like the guitar playing, the assorted bric-a-brac doesn’t sound too bad either. :clap:

1 Like

Thank you

Here’s the newest one that I just released today. A bit noisier in places.

1 Like

“Empires Of Sound” just blew me away.

1 Like