Post a song you love right now

Another one from my current playlist on repeat.
“Save Me” - K.D. Lang

You have just reminded me about Flicker which (you or someone else posted on here ?) which I have on a playlist…thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Great song from a great album. There’s at least one other Kathryn Williams fan on here, but I can’t remember who…

I posted Flicker before. Not very familiar with her other work but I do love that song.

1 Like

Highly recommend Little Black Numbers, the album that it’s from.

1 Like
1 Like

Yet another great American/English collaboration (Jade Bird - from Hexham, Northumberland/Linda Perry producer) . Such a powerful and uplifting song Find a Way for this film.

1 Like

Continuing this theme I have just come back from seeing Wim Wenders new film Perfect Days which I thought was wonderful and right in tune with your thoughts on beauty, worthiness and a special gem within us DriverNate. I won’t say too much but its a visual feast set in Japan and the lead actor Koji Yakusho is amazing- he hardly speaks but doesn’t need to. It doesn’t have a score as such but is once again a coalescence of the music industry and the film industry (is this becoming a “thing”? If so it’s great as it really draws you in and the sound system in our local cinema is as good as a gig). Etty you’d love it as he uses the Kinks Sunny Afternoon :laughing:

Anyway, here’s one I really enjoyed:

1 Like

This song has an incredible story to it. In 1977, 2 rockets were launched with golden discs in time capsules. . These were encoded by scientists to convey to any possible alien species in the cosmos who we Eartthlings are. They won’t come back to earth, instead they’re forever travelling in space., hoping another form of intelligent life in space finds and deciphers earth’s calling card.
This song tells its story.
It’s honestly one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard.
Jim Moray. Sounds Of Earth

2 Likes

Around the time of the Voyager launches, there was a Steve Martin joke on SNL about how we received communication back from aliens, and they said “Send more Chuck Berry”.

3 Likes

I have the chance to go and see The National on July 5th but can’t find anyone who’ll go with me :cry:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I love this for 2 reasons

1- The video reminds me of Man On The Moon
2- Jake Bugg

Hoping to get tix to see him in May. We might have to sink to tout tix, but I don’t care. Love him.

2 Likes

I’m kind of obsessed with this video right now. Morning shows are weird.

3 Likes

I’m going to see Kathryn Williams with Withered Hand in a couple of weeks, so I’m on a Kathryn Williams tip at the moment. Mildly obsessed with this lovely song from an album she made with Scottish poet Carol Ann Duffy.

2 Likes
1 Like

This gem from my current playlist. 1994
Soundgarden “Head Down”

“Always Gold”

1 Like

From Sour Widows’ new album, Revival of A Friend which is out on June 28th.

1 Like