Post a photo from where you live

I read somewhere David Bowie’s Young Americans album was inspired by the Philadelphia sound. I like the O’Jays, Hall & Oats & a few others. :notes:

A Toucan, that’s awesome!

1 Like

There are several close to where we live. We once counted 15 on a few trees while we were driving through a nearby street. We see them flying at a distance from time to time – it’s quite weird because of their long beaks.

And this is really going to sound like too tall a tale, but a few days ago I was awakened by a canary beaking the glass on my bathroom window. One was on the ledge beaking, the other was sitting on the window grill watching it. No idea what they were trying to do, but I woke up to “click click, knock, knock”. They flew away instantly when they saw me.

3 Likes

Looks like Ireland :sunglasses:

Home home with my summer lover

3 Likes

We drove about 40 minutes north on Friday:

5 Likes

The night sky would be pretty awesome there too, I bet.

2 Likes

It’s amazing at night! You haven’t been able to see the Milky Way from Albuquerque for many years, but drive just about 30 miles north, and there are so many more stars.

4 Likes

In… Philadelphia (Don’t know where Denise is from)
Born and raised
On the playground she spent most of her days…:yum:

I’m sure there are dragonflies in most parts of the world, it’s not often I see one poised like this, today on one of my potted plants, still enough to take a photo. I’m amazed by the geometric patterns.

8 Likes

Sunday night

6 Likes

That’s an amazing photo! I’ve never gotten close enough to a dragonfly to even think about trying a shot like that.

2 Likes

I have a pond at home with aquatic plants they are probably breeding in there.

1 Like

“The moon is low tonight”

1 Like

Uploading: 20220812_203624.jpg…

Hi, can’t see your pic for some reason. Try uploading again.

Tonight’s lunar eclipse.

5 Likes

Lovely! It was at something like 4 in the morning here, so I didn’t see it. I’m glad you did!

1 Like

Main Street St. Charles celebrates the holidays!

2 Likes

My favorite Main Street locale…Rootbound. It’s a natural food restaurant/cafe.

3 Likes