Post a photo from where you live

This was from today in Los Angeles. Our oak trees have flowered this year, as many in the neighborhood did. Super messy but really pretty.

9 Likes

Last night. The sunset from my front door.

13 Likes

Lindisfarne.

10 Likes

The Avoca in the middle of town at some point last summer…

10 Likes

A view from Kennesaw Mountain, which is just a mile from my doorstep. The Atlanta skyline can be seen in the background to the right.

7 Likes

An unfortunate picture - the clearing of the lot behind my house in progress. Luckily I own about 25 feet behind the fence (the erosion barrier is right on the line), so we are going to clear the brush and plant a crap ton of trees and pollinators back there.

9 Likes

This is a sunset from our back yard. And here’s one of the house looking all dressed up for Halloween. We can’t get it looking too spooky, because most of our neighborhood trick-or-treaters are pretty little.

8 Likes

Some of my zinnias with a butterfly in the center

8 Likes

So, this is the view I have from my balcony (a different perspective though):

Which is the architecture building from the Politecnico di Milano.
And this is my favourite park in the city, which is called “la biblioteca degli alberi”, a botanical garden in the middle of the city:

In the picture there’s the “bosco verticale” a luxury building that has a lot of trees in the different appartments (and big ones, sort of). In the back you can see Italy’s tallest skyscrapper (for now).

12 Likes

The views you guys got… I’ve changed my scenery for the much better in the last year and a half, but it’s still far from those horizons and fields and bodies of water I see above. I seriously envy those. Maybe some of you don’t know how lucky you are! Beautiful, relaxing views, quiet places, colors, greenery. It’s pretty much all I wanted.

There is a somewhat wild spot close to where I live now. I call it “Vulture Road”, because you can always see plenty of them in trees, poles and on the ground even. We saw about 15 toucans there the other day in a couple of trees, and my wife almost ran over a marmoset and a type of big running bird we got here. We’ve been meaning to take a few pictures there, especially in the sunset, because it looks really beautiful. It’s not my view, tho, and it’s kind of a shabby part of town with poor houses. They got the best view, tho.

7 Likes

I live in a beautiful place. I know I do. And I appreciate it. I have water on the west side, mountains on the east and the Canadian border on the north.

12 Likes

FWIW, my actual view from my house is the house across the road, the motorway, and a hill in the background. But I realise that I’m very very lucky to live in a corner of the world some people save up all their lives to see and a ten minute bicycle ride away from views like the one I posted. During the toughest part of the lockdown, we had to stay within 2 kilometres of our houses for non-essential outings and I swear having the river, two stretches of beach, and the port within that radius pretty much saved my sanity. This is one of my local beaches:

Are those running birds rheas? There’s a feral colony of them now near where I grew up in northern Germany and that’s just all kinds of mind-boggling. :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Not that big, lol. They are called seriemas and there is a Wikipedia page on them: Seriema - Wikipedia

1 Like

Ooooooooh! I just learned that they’re thought to be related to an extinct family of birds whose German name translates into terror birds! :astonished:

1 Like

View from my office last week:

13 Likes

Moved from London to Isle of Wight in 2020.

7 Likes

From my daily sunrise walks with the puppy.

6 Likes

The image to the left is one that I took during a 2019 trip to Athens (two hours or so from where I live now).

6 Likes

One of the parks in my wee town…

8 Likes

View from outside of my kitchen window from our last snow storm, February 14.

10 Likes