Post a photo from where you live

4 Likes

This is a couple days ago, it was quite foggy in the morning.

4 Likes

Autumn & my backyard.

3 Likes

This morning before sunrise looking east.

7 Likes

I took this six years ago when climbing the Hamilton escarpment stairs. Motivational.

3 Likes

Here’s a pic from the park near our house. We like to keep the winter up in the mountains most of the time.

9 Likes

I walked my nearby park today after coming out of 7 day covid iso.

6 Likes

This is the sunrise, as seen from in front of my house in Buellton, CA. It’s a small town in north Santa Barbara County. We’ve lived here for five years, and were fortunate enough to be able to buy a house at the end of 2019, right before home prices in the area exploded.

10 Likes

This is Storke Tower, on the campus of UC Santa Barbara, where I have worked as the University Archivist since 2017.

5 Likes

Hey, fellow information professional. Academic librarian, here. (Degree is in archival admin but never went that way when it came to a job.)

Hey there. Nice to meet a fellow traveler who is also no doubt expected to do too much with too little.

(Edit- Though your screen name rings a bell. Pretty sure I remember you from last time.)

2 Likes

Captured this magpie poised on a rock today during a walk. They are quite common here n Australia.

5 Likes

This is a shop with crystals, cards, natural soap etc. It is on Main St. Charles. They have kept it natural and the buildings are original. It’s even cobblestone. It’s near the Missouri River.

3 Likes

These artworks are from The Foundry, which was originally used to construct trains for the railroad. When the floor is empty (they’re having an event soon…so there are tables covering it up) they filled in the tracks, but you can still see the metal rails.

1 Like

This is the place I mentioned a couple months ago. I only got a crappy phone, so these will have to do. The sunset at the “Vulture Road”:

5 Likes

A small dogwood tree from the front yard. Both Virginia’s official state tree and state flower.

5 Likes

Rainbow Lorikeet, a common Australian parrot feeding from our fig tree. I was lucky to get this shot, this one may be a regular visitor who is used to the surroundings. They usually fly off squawking if disturbed.

9 Likes

This is so cool.

1 Like

I’m sure it would be true of most R.E.M. fans, coming across something that echoes an R.E.M. lyric -
“The moon is low tonight…”

4 Likes

This was taken last summer around July/August. There was a red covid alert then, which explains the deserted street. The white house you can see a corner of is ours.

5 Likes