Post a live video

I was 15 when I started appreciate and love Led Zeppelin. I heard ‘Night Flight’ from Physical Graffiti on the radio one night, it got me. I brought that album, and back tracked the rest.

1 Like

My first clear memory of them is one of my older brothers having the fourth album in heavy rotation on cassette in the rental van (a VW) most of our family traveled across Europe in for roughly a month in 1972 when I was 10. The Beatles’ Hey Jude album (aka The Beatles Again) was in there as well. Both recent purchases he’d made from the Columbia Record and Tape Club. He had other cassettes as well but those are the ones I remember most and the ones that made the most lasting impression.

1 Like

There are gems on their fourth album, ‘The Battle of Evermore’ is my fav track.

1 Like

There’s now a blue plaque on the building where this took place.

1 Like

I saw the wonderful DakhaBrakha live last week and I’m still thinking about it. They were sooooo good. Here they are on KEXP a few years ago with Vesna, which translates as Spring.

2 Likes

New from Salt Lick Sessions, Sarah Jarosz performing a song from her newly released Polaroid Lovers album and opening with a cover of Jimmy Buffett’s “He Went to Paris.” Sandwiched in between is an interview.

3 Likes

I didn’t notice during the Buffett cover (which is awesome!) but in her song I realized she’s playing some kind of guitar-shaped octave mandolin I guess. I didn’t realize that was a thing. Always like slightly unusual instruments!

1 Like

Birdy — Skinny Love

She was so young when this was recorded.13! It’s a cover of Bon Iver, but I prefer this version.

2 Likes

I heard the news today (oh boy) and it has made me despair. Global warming over 1.5C, war and drone strikes, politicians letting us down left right and centre. All I can think about is either getting off the Earth (preferably in a Space Ship or by teleport) or the possibility that someone up there will find us and sort us out (!) Here’s hoping…

1 Like
3 Likes

Paul Kelly. Deeper Water

3 Likes

My favorite radio station of all time when I was growing up was WQDR, an album rock station based out of Raleigh, NC (which is where I first heard R.E.M. amongst many others). When the station flipped to a Country format in 1984 most of the staff transitioned over to WRDU, which signed on just a few days before QDR signed off. It was not the same as QDR and never was going to be but it was still one hell of a second act. Like QDR, they played a lot of stuff I never heard on other area rock stations. This song is a fine example.

1 Like

Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett backed by Greezy Wheels from an episode of The Lone Star Cross Country Music Hour in 1974.

2 Likes

Margo Cilker performing at WNCW in Spindale, NC last September. She’s presently on tour. If you like what you hear, please be sure to check her out. She’s one of my current favorites.

1 Like
1 Like

Lydia Loveless and band stopped by WNCW in Spindale, NC back in December to perform a few songs from their new record, Nothing’s Gonna Stand In My Way Again. Songs performed were “Runaway,” “Sex and Money,” “Summerlong” and this one, which is one of my favorites from last year. You can find all the songs on the WNCWStudioB YouTube channel.

She’s great isn’t she? I love the way she talks about humans, humanity and expression vs computers. Artists like everyone else must be under enormous pressure nowadays (as they always were maybe- “your fans are waiting for your next album” , “book” “artwork” etc) but as she says “we’re all different” and we each have our own genepool and respond in different ways. " Variety’s the very spice of Life that gives it all its flavour" William Cowper poet 1731-1800 (yes, well thank you search engine)

1 Like

My streaming service of choice suggested these guys to me. Its suggestions are not usually my bag but I think they might have me sussed here… Love this:

2 Likes

I had a similar experience recently and I did fall in love with this suggestion ( also rare):

2 Likes
3 Likes