New Band with Bill Berry: The Bad Ends

huh? Just ok? You stirring it again @Gargumma ?!

First Stipe’s new album now Berry’s new band. Methinks you are poking fun…

Nope, not stirring, not poking fun.

I just happen to think “My bible is the latest TV guide” is better than anything any of the guys ever released after 2011. I don’t see effort and I can even understand that. They gave their blood in R.E.M. and now they don’t want more hard work, just to have fun. But we are not obligated to like their stuff when they are not working hard and just shooting the wind.

Some material is still somewhat enjoyable if you don’t expect much, like the Bad Ends, but some is just downright pathetic, like Stipe’s solo songs.

Well you have something there @Gargumma . I find it impossible to get on top of my latest TV guide and find my myself shunning TV in favour of other things like cinema reading Murmurs gardening baking cooking pondering and the like I have to say.

Didn’t someone say TV is the new opiate of the people not long ago? Well not any more- can’t figure out what’s on where and when you do you’ve missed it anyway! Let’s get back to basics…phew!

Just wondering @Gargumma do you still believe in coyotes and time as an abstract though?

i dont think he looks ill. hes just quite lean unlike most people his age - i mean, he`ll be 65 this summer. his drumming looks energetic and precise, you couldnt do that stuff while being ill.

1 Like

Hello Tursk :slight_smile:

Hello there!

Hey @Gargumma are you in league with @BlackbirdsBackwards ?? Poor Michael Stipe- you are both being very mean to him. Just because you’re not that keen on his solo music. And the Bad Ends too! Be nice!

What’s this got to do with me?

Not you then having a go? I think it was!

Where am I having a go?

It’s almost impossible to assess anybody’s health when you’re going by live footage and the person you’re scrutinising is the drummer, wearing a friggen baseball cap. He looks like he’s enjoying himself, possibly reminiscing his early years playing in garages with whoever. He’s lacking nothing in his playing that I can discern. I’m just happy to see him happy. The front guy isn’t giving any stellar performance. All these wannabe online doctors need to find a better hobby, if they’re going to diagnose anyone on that stage. I hope Bill’s in good health and mood and there’s nothing in that clip to suggest otherwise. The other pics - for a guy who’s done hard physical graft from youth to retirement age, Bill doesn’t look ill to me. Rock drummer to hay farmer for all his working life without a lick of sunscreen isn’t great for skin. I wish him the best of everything including his health.

3 Likes

Er, I seem to have forgotten what was going on here and why I took umbrage to @BlackbirdsBackwards . Anyway, the Bad Ends seem to be doing really well and having a great time :slight_smile:

I still have no idea. I would suggest you either mistook me for someone else, or it was alchohol. Maybe a combination of the two :man_shrugging:t2:

Dear BlackbirdsBackwards

Well I did track down your post yesterday about Michael Stipe’s solo work being “endearingly shit” Now in the US (if that’s where you are) that might be a compliment but over here it just sounds a bit rude. Anyway, I probably overreacted in his defence but I only did that once (not multiple times as you seem to think). The whole thing put me off Murmurs for quite a while as I felt I could do without being told off on a public website by someone I don’t even know and who doesn’t even have a real name. I can certainly live without all this anonymous nonsense but I do quite enjoy the funny and interesting stuff I find (new music, jokes etc). Never mind, maybe I’m just too old and nervous to deal with it all. I don’t do Social Media as a rule (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook etc) as you have even less chance of knowing who you’re speaking to/interacting with than you do even in real life. Quite honestly the whole business seems a bit weird to me really. I very rarely do alcohol only occasionally as I’m a sober sort of person most of the time. I hope you’re ok and wish you all the best. Yours sincerely Kate

Hey, I’m from the UK. It is only yourself who took offence at that comment, it was tongue in cheek but accurate. You tagged me in two separate threads seemingly accusing me of trouble making. I simply asked you to please stop. You then apologised but cut the message off mid sentence. It’s fine, honestly. Doesn’t need to go on :+1:

Has anyone been to a Bad Ends show? If so do Bill and the other band members sign albums and whatnot afterward?