Feak Meets Memories

Also like Titãs and one of Nando’s solo songs “Pra você guardei o amor” is special to me.

I must confess I have plenty of brazilian neighbours and my older son best friend is brazilian. This is a safe country, the language is the same although I guess it’s more difficult for you to understand us speaking than for us to understand you, the weather is fine and must of us are friendly by nature. Also, our countries have an agreement so it’s easier for you to get the papers to work here.
Of course, the wages here are lower than in any other western european country.
I have to tell you that I really love you guys. Each and every brazilian transmits joy and happiness. We tend to be less smiley, I guess.

Abração.

1 Like

What a lovely message, man! Thank you!

I have a special connection to “All star” because of a friend who always thought of me while listening to that. She’s probably alive somewhere, but is no longer a part of my life because things changed too much on her side.

From what I hear, it’s like half of the Portuguese population now hails from Brazil, lol. Also, all you said is true. And it’s difficult for me (and most of us) to understand the Portuguese accent, but we get used to it quick.

I’m just not sure whether each and every Brazilian transmits joy and happiness, lol. I sure am not like that at all, but again, I’m very non-Brazilian in that way, so you’re probably right. I’m more… say, European in my mood and ways of thinking, speaking, acting. I could write a whole rant about that and why you should never trust Brazilian people.

I can confess ‘Pra você guardei o amor’ means a lot to me because of a woman I worked with and at some point we were co-workers, best friends, confidants, also with a platonic crush (from both parts). Unfortunatly we still work together (1 meter apart from each other, since she’s my nurse) but no longer friends and I can’t figure why (women are very difficult to understand…) oh, well. I miss it. But that song reminds me of her, all the laughs we gave together, every kiss I gave her (cheek or forehead).

Someone once said that “brazilians smile when they should cry and portuguese cry when they should smile”. But sure, since many of you have Portuguese blood it is certain that some have the same behaviour as us. I do have more brazilian cousins (2nd generation) than portuguese ones.
Your accent is in fact closer to the original portuguese accent than ours… from late XVIII to early XIX centuries we began to “close” our accent and speak more from our nose. Some foreigners sometimes think we are speaking an eastern European language and it sounds like Russian or Serbian.
Also, since brazilian telenovelas were very popular in here since late 70’s we are more used to ear you than you to ear us, so it’s easier for us to understand you guys.

1 Like

Was this the year we met?

Eff that!!! I’m fighting with all I got!!!

1 Like

I’m not at all sure I still have that one.

Whew! Dodged a bullet.

The real reason is, I think I weighed a significant amount more then.

Posted some photos down below somewhere.

2 Likes

Check out this thing that happened 3 years ago:

10 Likes

So glad we both dressed up.

2 Likes

Was very formal. The British accents were too much.

Right you are, quite so. Cheerio.

3 Likes

Astrid:

Yup.

3 Likes

Etty! Was it 2002 or 2004 when went to Athfest?
I have a few pics which I’ll post. I have to go scrolling :smile::smile:

1 Like

Hi Francis!!!

1 Like

Hi Penny! It’s been a while! :joy::joy:

It has. Long time no see. We all have to meet up if not to enjoy Athens, but just see each other again. Granted it’s a shorter trip for me.

1 Like

The grey is fab on on you, though! (And your wee grandsons are 40 shades of adorable.)

1 Like

It’s not grey. It’s a gift from Mother Nature and platinum white. If I’d known that I’d have stopped colouring it decades ago.
We had both grandsons over for Christmas. It was superb.

3 Likes

For some reason, this bit of news somehow managed to pass me by. I just now discovered it upon learning that Ernest Tubb’s Record Shop in Nashville will be closing. Several Murmursians gathered at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Nashville for dinner when we were in town to see R.E.M. w/ Trent Dabbs at the Ryman in 2004. Since we were right back on the road the next morning to see R.E.M. with Now It’s Overhead at the Arena At Gwinnett Center in Duluth, GA there was no time to see any of Nashville, including Ernest Tubb’s Record Shop which certainly would have been on the agenda.

1 Like