Feak Meets Memories

Atlanta, 1999. Actual photo! Not sure if Donna, Kelly & Florez have shown up here yet.

10 Likes

Kinda hard to have meetups like you guys did back in the day as I never left the country, but I had the immense pleasure of getting to know @cricketmachine in the old Murmurs and then meeting her in person when she came to my town in Brazil. Also the first and only time I watched a show on stage just to the side of the performer (Nando Reis). I’ll cherish that moment forever, Sandi!

2 Likes

Sandy is busy this week but will be making her way over soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand that towards the front there was more room to move around. However, towards the back (where I was) it reached a point where you couldn’t even move your arms from your side. I knew eventually that I would have to leave to use the restroom and that I likely wouldn’t be allowed to re-enter. I was right about both.

Sandi is awesome.

1 Like

It’s always nice to see young people out enjoying themselves.

1 Like

You mean like we did when we were literally 17 years younger than now? :fearful: Holy fuck, that was a great gig!
FB_IMG_1644274056555

3 Likes

Eyyy; I know/am these people!

2 Likes

You haven’t really changed. There’s a lot of hair going on there.

Yay! There’s me and my daughter on the back left beside Steve.

1 Like

Steve and Heza, Athens, 2008

13 Likes

TwistedKiteMike, Lydia (GreenLady??), and the infamous NearWildHeather
Athens 2008

4 Likes

We should! If things ever get back to normal. If not this can be our dear old hangout as in days of yore

1 Like

Can we go back to those days? Na, I know. Wishful thinking.

2 Likes

I wish we could.

Somewhere there’s a legend of a…maybe a passing or fleeting glance… of a photo of Lucy, Becca, Heather, and I.

Please gawds, let that picture not have survived.

1 Like

Nando Reis? I sure like his music a lot. Also, Peter played with him.

Abraço de Portugal para o País Irmão. (For those who do not understand portuguese: A hug from Portugal to our Brother Country).

2 Likes

Yup. I ended up right against the stage and stayed there the entire night. I looked back and it looked like the crowd just wouldn’t budge past the fifth row or so.

2 Likes

Yup, Nando Reis. I met him before the show (he was too serious concentrating) and then my brother and I (and Sandi) watched the whole thing right beside him on stage, and then we all went to his hotel lobby. It was awesome!

When I went to Rock in Rio, I met him again in the crowd (Shiny Happy People feelings here) and asked him if Peter would play with him. He said no, they had recorded together, but Peter (who would play with R.E.M. later that night) would not be in his show.

I like Nando’s solo work ok, it’s just not my usual go-to listening. But I love Titãs!

Abraços de volta, Paulo! Cada vez mais amigos e conhecidos daqui se bandeiam para as suas terras, que devem ser ótimas!

1 Like

And it’s gained a lot of grey for both of us since… Ageing with dignity, right? :neutral_face: