Favorite podcasts

I think the problem with people not liking it is they expect an R.E.M. podcast and it isn’t that. It’s a comedy podcast that uses music as an excuse to exist.

Honestly, I’m a big fan of both of those guys and I’ve listened to them before and after it was about R.E.M. Heck, I listened to all the U2 episodes, and I think U2 is possibly the most boring and pretentious band on earth.

Yes, that’s a perfect way to explain it!

1 Like

I dislike Bono. Intensely. Won’t be listening to that. Is there a link for the REM podcast?

Honestly disliking Bono might help your enjoyment of the podcast.

All the episodes are here: R U Talkin' RHCP RE: Me?  podcast on Earwolf

REM is kind of mixed in with the U2 and Talking Heads, but if you listen to the ones with Mike Mills or Peter Buck you can hear them agree to reunite REM to play a show in Adam’s backyard.

1 Like

I still endorse all the ones I said last year, other than that the guy who did the “JS Bach Files” one has since switched to “Beethoven Files”.

I just started listening to the American Revolution podcast by Michael Troy. Seems good so far.

Also would add “Words for Granted”, about etymology.

I don’t listen to every episode of “Twenty Thousand Hertz” but the ones I do listen to are good. Hard to categorize that one.

Been listening to “History of the 1990s”, from a Canadian radio station. Quite interesting and well produced episodes.

Insomniac here. Smooth jazz used to work but now I’ve progressed to Boring Stories Read by Boring Voices. Works a treat.

ETA - seems like I’m the only one who uses podcasts as sleeping aids. I’ll always stay up to listen to Lucy Worsley’s history and crime podcasts, and her tv stuff too.

1 Like