Currently Listening

What are you currently listening to?

3 Likes

Children of Children by Jason Isbell. He has been dominating my record player for about a year now

2 Likes

I was fortunate enough to get to see them play last week. They were brilliant.

1 Like
3 Likes

In honor of Murmurs relaunching now spinning this beauty that came out just after I first joined the original site.

7 Likes

Floyd on vinyl, mostly. I’ve found that in the course of the past almost 2 years I’ve literally regressed through all my musical stages. With Dark Side of the Moon I’ve officially arrived at baby, so not sure what comes next. I think my mum listened to a lot of Melanie Safka when she was pregnant with me, but hm…

Has that happened to anyone else, that regression as, I guess, something safe and certain to hold on to?

3 Likes

I keep a running playlist of recent music here

I can recommend Yard Acts, Imarhan, Aldhous Harding and Papercuts in particular to fellow R.E.M.-fans.

I’m listening to Miles Davis “Bitches Brew”, R.E.M. “Up”, Aphrodities Child “666”(Vangelis’ first band), Pink Floyd “More” (a rare soundtrack), Batman score (not Prince, but Danny Elfman)…so yeah Astrid, I getcha.

3 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying Idles’ new album Crawler! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As of late, seasonal affective disorder has me listening to a lot of Pink Floyd and Depeche Mode.

1 Like

Sometimes I am in the mood to only listen to the familiar, what I call “comfort music.”

4 Likes

Yup, comfort music is the word…

3 Likes

My commissioner dropped a great pro-union track off their upcoming album Bellringer so it’s been on repeat all week here.

2 Likes

I refuse to believe there is anyone who hasn’t pretended they were shooting a music video while swagging down some train tracks.

3 Likes

La Lux
Black Country New Road
Deserta
Yard Act
Flyying Colours

2 Likes

The Kinks, Village Green Preservation Society
This will likely be followed Tea for the Tillerman, I’m having a day.

3 Likes

Maybe that’s why I listened to a lot of Tom Petty during the pandemic

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/tjpgJjdk52c

Wet Leg are brilliant. Only released a few tracks so far but have a feeling they’re going to be huge.

2 Likes

They say it’s hard to discover new music after 33 (it’s true!) and I’m trying to dispell that notion.

Here are some recent albums:
Dawn FM by The Weeknd - listened a lot when it first came out a couple weeks ago and I’m aure I’ll come back to it

Animal Collective - gave their new album a spin today. Never got into them and this album isn’t changing that.

Black Country, New Road - listened to both their albums today and it soothed me as I was looking over lots of spreadsheets

3 Likes