A photograph on the dashboard

Thanks. I have since cut the chops, but i now know i can grow them…

2 Likes

I recently had both forearms and a hand done. All of it is some of the lyrics from Find The River. From the day I first heard it,it’s remained the song that saved my life, still makes me cry. It speaks to my soul . It’s almost healed, that’s how new it is. Artist Brad is going to take the pictures because the script is on the diagonal and impossible for me to capture. I love it more every day. Brad does custom work, he doesn’t have a book of prototypes. My first tat was done in Athens, GA on my ankle. It’s 4 astrological symbols that are personally significant to me. Now they look a little stark, they must be 15 years old. I’m going to ask Brad to incorporate them into a bracelet. Once you get started, it’s easy to become addicted. For me it’s self limiting because I’ll run out of skin I want to put on view.

2 Likes

Find the River was the first post I made when I got out of the hospital for my kidney stuff last July. I think it was Defacebook.

1 Like

Two really recent.

2 Likes

Sweet pic! I like that it’s slightly out of focus. Adds a certain charm.

1 Like

Morning walk selfie.

2 Likes

My friend Tom passed in the spring. He influenced me to think on my own. So yeah…y’all he’s to blame. He worked for the electricians union and one day, I got to go behind the scenes to a Cardinals game. I got to go into the news reporters dinner. They eat quite well. I got to go into the organists booth. I’ve walked into walk in closets that were as big. He had his organ and a tape machine (it was the 90s after all) that he used whenever a decent batter went to plate. After the game we went to an area that was spent equipment. What I’m holding is not a rubix cube. It’s the bulb to the huge tv signs (they’re now digital) it’s marked “bad” being that it’s not used anymore. Unfortunately, it’s fallen recently, but it’s only got a couple cracks. The stadium doesn’t exist anymore and Tom passed throught the veil, but the bulb remains.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss, he must have been a good friend. x

2 Likes

I had lost touch. That’s what made it the hardest. I will blame myself, for a while, because of that.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

I have had issues with my parents about their fundamentalism. He let me be me. Whenever, I helped him clean his basement, he’d give me a little studio time. My friend played guitar and I sang “Lightening Crashes” by Live (I tried “ITEOTW (AWKIT)” but we had a deadline and it’s really hard to do acoustic and without a drum beat). It was for my humanities class.

When it came time for me to drive, I was a wreck (I just realized how funny that sentence is) he said look in your rearview mirror and imagine me giving you the thumbs up. He was new age and pretty laid back.

And I will miss him.

5 Likes

I’m really sorry you went through all that :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

Taken a couple days ago…

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

3 Likes

I feel like my hair’s gotten to a point where it looks like Peters and I like it. I am donating it November 1st and will miss it, but this is the last donation, so in about a year and a half it’ll be back here.

2 Likes

Donated my hair…

5 Likes

Sweet :+1:

It looks good short OR long! Very nice.

2 Likes

Wait til you get a load of this…

3 Likes