Where are we all from? A newbie wants to know about you

Hello. Shetland eh…it’s wild up there. I’m living 19 miles from Elgin, northern Scotland but am actually a Geordie, been up here since 1976.

Loved REM since 1988, seen them 7 times and met up with some fab folks from the original murmurs :smiley:

1 Like

I live here.

well about 2 miles from here, my place is a bit smaller.

C

4 Likes

You’re going to be fairly close to me Shegardens…I like Buckie :smiley:

2 Likes

Probably for the best, you honestly wouldn’t want to be dealing with the heating bill for that shed…

1 Like

I live on the coast of NC. It is beautiful here due to the ocean but I much preferred living in the Triangle region of NC as there is so much more to do there. In that area I was involved in gatherings of fellow writers and artists. There is a vibrant music, art and literary scene there. Also, decent bookstores, libraries, green spaces, museums, art galleries, etc. I lived in the city but in moments could be in the countryside. Here, there is very little happening, especially during the winter. Due to circumstances I won’t get into here, it is unlikely that I will ever be able to return to that area even though I would love nothing more. I’m about to pay my first visit there since I left close to two years ago. I am happy about it but also apprehensive.

1 Like

Yaayyy someone who is relatively close when we move to Buckie!!! :grinning: it’s nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you too :D. I live just outside of Dufftown.

1 Like

Oh wow not far at all!!! Right in the middle of whiskey country as my husband says. I look forward to getting to know you. I didn’t expect someone to be so nearby to where we are moving.

I’m Portuguese and always lived in Portugal. Originally from the centre, western coast, moved to the southern coast near the spanish boarder in 2008 where I work as a dentist.
My name is Paulo, married with 2 sons, both named after the bands names (translated to portuguese).

4 Likes

I am new to Murmurs (from Mikes retweet) and live in the North Wales borders. Loved REM since Document became a big record amongst my friends in High School in 1987.

Was lucky enough to see them live in Milton Keynes on the Monster tour and was absolutely blown away. New Adventures in Hifi is probably my favourite album, favourite track would be Country Feedback. These change daily…

50 years old, married and work in construction. Big football (soccer) fan.

3 Likes

Dothan, Alabama right on the Chattahoochee River and the border of Georgia.

1 Like

Back on the old Murmurs I lived in Israel, but been living in Buenos Aires, Argentina since 2004. I’m exactly 17 blocks away from the Congress, and 32 from Casa Rosada, but thankfully when there are protests outside they don’t reach that far. :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi newbie (and all the other newbies).

I used to roam the Murmurs forums since 1998 or 1999, I think. I have a vague recollection of the design of the main page being changed to resemble the design of Up not long after I joined, so it must have been around Up’s release.

I live in Israel - for the last 20 years in Tel Aviv, but I grew up in Jerusalem.

I’ve been an R.E.M. fan since 1994, and I’ve seen them live six times. The first time was here in Tel Aviv on the Monster tour, and the rest in different places in Europe.

I spent a lot of time in the Murmus forums back in the day. Probably reading more than posting, but I did have my share of conversations with fellow fans, and I even met a few in gigs here and there.

Now, you want a picture from where I live? Ok, here you go. My favourite part of the city. This was taken on today’s bike ride.

3 Likes

Lindy!!!:raising_hand_woman:

Hey! I remember you! I think we used to sometimes chat in ICQ around that time, being some of the few people from Israel in Murmurs.

2 Likes

So, Kensington Palace?

Yeah, I was on ICQ for a while. And on mIRC too.

I remember you too. Mostly from here, I believe. Funny how things change, but at the same time still remain the same after all these years.

1 Like

I am from Cleveland Ohio (Cuyahoga county). I moved a couple hours south to southeast Ohio.

I am a miniatures artist. I carve wood mostly animals in 1:12 scale. I hand make from scratch all manner of dollhouse miniatures, to the heights of realism. I own an 80 year old Slingerland drum set. I ADORE chickens. Sweet and smart, cuddly and NOT FOOD. My username is Miracle who was a little hen I hatched. I truly was her mother. I love original VWbugs and had 6. Right now I have a '71. I am 63 years old.

3 Likes

Love puffins❤️

1 Like

Welcome to the Murmurs family!
I was born in Murray, Kentucky, a small college town in southwestern part of the state. We moved to Nashville, Tennessee when I was five years old and I grew up in the town of Hendersonville which is just northeast of Nashville. After high school graduation I moved to New Orleans, Louisiana for two years before joining the Navy. While in the Navy I lived in Naples, Italy for three years and in Manama, Bahrain for two years. After leaving the navy I moved to my current home of Westerville, Ohio which is just northeast of Columbus. Have lived here for 20 years but this is my last few months here as I will be moving this summer to an as yet unknown destination.

5 Likes