Wet Leg @ Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA on September 4, 2022

Here are some photos that I took at the Wet Leg concert earlier tonight…

I was not right up front for this one, because I wanted younger people and women to be next to the stage. Still, I am happy with the way that the pictures came out.

They are a fun live band. I love how they are so amused by their own lyrics.

4 Likes

In an era where relatively few new rock bands are breaking through, they’re a breath of fresh air. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but their songs remind me a little of Belly. Maybe I’m losing it, but there’s something in there that makes me think of Tanya Donelly.

2 Likes

Glad to see a local band, I live on the IoW, getting to play around the world.

1 Like

I really got a kick out of the first couple of Wet Leg singles, “Chaise Longe” and “Wet Dream”, but the song, “Angelica”, was the one that really got my attention and put me into the “Take my money!” camp. It’s a fantastic track that blends indie, shoegaze, and all. I love songs where guitars sound like bee swarms.

Their music reminded me most of The Breeders when I first heard them. That is a compliment of the highest order. At the same time, though, Wet Leg has a distinct aura all their own.

Wet Leg are a genuinely good duo in terms of musicianship and songwriting on their own terms, perfecting the art of endlessly hummable summer road trip tunes. The whole phenomenon right now, however, is a case of everything coming together in just the right way. The band logos and marketing are on-point, the music videos are both hilarious and subversive with regard to gender dynamics, and the live performances are great.

1 Like

Angelica’s my favourite too! The way the bass and drums kick in is probably my favourite rock music moment for some time. Great tune.

1 Like