The New Music Thread

The latest release from PJ Harvey’s I Inside the Old Year Dying.

2 Likes

Title track from the new MGMT album “Loss of Life”

1 Like

A friend recently suggested I check out Brennan Wedl. This is all I’ve listened to so far but I like it.

2 Likes

New from Indigo Girls.

2 Likes

Nice song, the video is really good too.

1 Like

More new music from Babehoven. Water’s Here in You is out on Friday, April 26th. Some thoughts on this new song from Maya Bon from Babehoven’s IG:

We exist in a vacuum of sound, trying to hear each other, wishing to open up, seeing the abundance of light surrounding us, approximately 200 billion trillion stars and yet we falter, we harden in our shells, we isolate. With the 'coral snake curl[ing] inside you, I intend to evoke an image of protection. The ‘soft wool’ is the innate warmth and safety one can find within connection. The ‘rough blue’ is the scratchiness of the wool that can cause us to seek refuge away from one another. And the ‘pearl inside you’ is indicative of the belief that we all contain beauty, worthiness, a special gem within us.

2 Likes

The first single from Kelsey Waldon’s new covers album, There’s Always A Song which is out on Friday, May 10th.

3 Likes

I love hearing the fiddle in country music.

2 Likes

A bit of a lost cause but no less frustrating to me when I see people complain about current country music that are limiting their exposure to it only by commercial Country radio, the CMA’s, etc. In most cases, they are keenly unaware of the amount of current country music that exists outside of that which is largely ignored by mainstream outlets. If all I knew of current country music is what’s come to be known as “Bro Country” or “Pop Country” I likely wouldn’t be into it either but that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Most frustrating of all, is when I try to let them know of places where they can find current country music they might actually enjoy, they refuse to explore them even though it’s right there at their fingertips. It’s as though they want to remain miserable and willfully ignorant. Their loss.

2 Likes

This is great! However I have difficulty making out the lyrics- I got " I can see my baby" " Weeping like a willow" and " Put your loving hand in mine" but that’s it. Great footstomping toe tapping roll along music though and yes, that fiddle!

1 Like

First heard this sung by Natalie Merchant on the famous Live at McCabes bootleg from way back when…

1 Like

It was the Emmylou Harris version for me.

1 Like

Eyelids ‘No Jigsaw’ released this week. You can listen to the album here

From R.E.M. HQ, (Jan. 24) As R.E.M. fans know, Peter has had a lengthy involvement with Eyelids–he has produced the band, played with them live and in studio, and even starred in one of their videos. Just when it seemed like there may be nothing left on the list to do, Chris Slusarenko reports that Peter sings lead vocals on a No Jigsaw song called “It Hurts Me Too.”

2 Likes

The third and final single from Tigers Blood which is out Friday, March 22nd.

2 Likes

From R.E.M. Instagram
Peter Buck plays guitar on Hector Tellez Jr.'s latest album ‘The Great Unknown’
The album also features Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic and Screaming Trees.
New video for his current single, “Samurai.”

3 Likes

Another song from the upcoming Decemberists double album. It’s nearly 20 minutes long, and features Mike Mills on piano and backing vocals.

4 Likes

Mark Knopfler assembled over 50 rock/blues/country guitarists to create a charity single of his classic song “Going Home (Theme from Local Hero)”. Apparently the last recording by Jeff Beck before he died, plus Springsteen, May, Clapton, Gilmour, Townshend, Lifeson… the list goes on. Bass by Sting, drums by Ringo Starr and his son Zak Starkey.

2 Likes

Listening to video and seeing the images in full screen was awesome!

The latest from Babehoven. So gorgeous. So otherworldly. Water’s Here in You is out on Friday, April 26th. I can’t wait to lose myself in this album.

1 Like

New Wind and the Wave:

1 Like