The Murmurs icon

This is going to sound odd, but here goes…

Over the last few weeks, the cassette icon on my Murmurs app has been getting smaller! The icon is now a white square with a teeny tiny cassette in the middle!

Is this happening to anyone else?! I promise I haven’t been drinking…

2 Likes

It happened to me as well! I thought I was the only one. The cassette shrunk into a small dot, I had trouble opening it. I reinstalled the app, the icon came back to size, but I think it’s starting to shrink again. Wierd!

1 Like

Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one! I thought I was going mad!

2 Likes

Yeah I was questioning my sanity about it too!

1 Like

It’s not happening on my pc only on my phone, which is an android.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s on my phone it’s happening. Also Android. It’s a veritable Murmurs mystery… the mystery of the incredible shrinking cassette. Where Poirot when you need him?

2 Likes

I don’t use it on my phone, only on a desktop PC. But it’s got two sizes anyway. The smaller one is there when you get into a thread and it brings the site’s name; the bigger one shows up after you roll and the thread’s name shows.

3 Likes

It’s not just you guys! I’ve also been noticing it on my (Android - shut up, I’m cheap) phone. I thought the first change made it look better, but now I just get the sense the icon is moving farther away every day. It keeps me on my toes!

3 Likes

Ha! I didn’t notice it until I read this. Yes, the app’s icon has changed. That’s going to drive me nuts now :smile:

2 Likes

I think this site murmurs runs on discourse. It appears to be a bug. :beetle:

“Google acked this bug, fix incoming.”

1 Like

Is it me or is it smaller today?

Bug or not, it’s undeniably interesting! Is it trying to retreat, discouraged by the tiny number of visitors? Or is it drawing away slowly, trying to entice us to follow to some mysterious other location? Is it becoming an icon in another sense? Come back again to see!

2 Likes

I reinstalled it back to size, it’s slowly shrinking again. :mag::no_mouth:

1 Like

Same with the splash screen…

The murmurs icon appears to be stabilized now right? I haven’t noticed it shrinking of late. If that’s the case thanks to whoever fixed it.

It’s still a tiny wee logo in a white box for me, but it has stopped getting smaller!

2 Likes

I’m going to reinstall it back to its original size hoping it will stay that way. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m cheap as well.

My icon keeps changing (or seems to!)… what’s that all about?

Is it shrinking ? I can’t tell yet if it is happening again.

Hi Lori

No, today it’s the same (for me anyway). I have noticed it change in the past though.

Kxxxx

1 Like