The Kids are Alright

This is William and Gracie. Almost exactly 20 years apart. Gracie graduates college in May, and later that month, we are expecting my third child. That’s how I do it.

6 Likes

Here’s Kathleen, Melissa, and our son-in-law Maxwell! The wedding was in August 2019. Melissa & Max are in St. Paul for now; she’s defending her dissertation in neuroscience in April, and she’s hoping to find work at a university in or around Michigan, since that’s where his family is and where most of their friends live (also, kind of slim pickings for neuroscience research in New Mexico). Kathleen has discovered that teaching is not quite her cup of tea and is working as an educational assistant at the same middle school I’m about to retire from while she ponders her options.

10 Likes

Amazing! They’re both beautiful.

1 Like

Photo of my actual child (non-cat category). Elliott, 7, beautiful.

7 Likes

This is Wendell Gee! He LOVES music, and particularly R.E.M. His favourite song is The One I Love.

6 Likes

My boy is Ricardo, 6 yo (7 in two months), the love of my life. He’s learning how to read and write (yesterday was his first day in elementary school), obsessed with Godzilla (we have no idea why), going through a bit of a rebellious phase. Takes forever to eat. Loves Spongebob, Teen Titans and Secret Life of Pets. A lovely, polite, amicable guy, who says “I love you” ten times a day, sends kisses, gives hugs, behaves in restaurants and can be found often playing with his mom’s cellphone.

4 Likes

Congrats Corper! Good luck with #3

1 Like

That is wonderful. I’ll keep my eyes open for jobs.

This is from Christmas two years ago. On the left is my baby Emma, who just turned 19 in November. The middle is the middle baby Gretchen, who turns 21 next week. The shorty on the right is Gwendolyn, my first baby, who is 24.
I collectively call them Egg. Yes, they do respond to that.

5 Likes

Here’s me and my 1st grandson, Finn. Taken over the recent holiday season. I’ll have to find one of Oliver. He almost always has a pacifier screwed into his face but I have this one of them both in the bath.
Finn on left, Oliver on the right. And Madam Elodie to my left. She’s still the kookiest kid I’ve ever known. Kid maybe wrong word. She is 26, my youngest. She is engaged and bought a house, but she’s still my freaky little girl

8 Likes

Wow!! All beautiful (and handsome). She has grown a bit. :wink: