The Eyelids, new album release this year

Mirrored from R.E.M.HQ

Premiered at BrooklynVegan, “The first single from A Colossal Waste of Light is the jangly title track that comes with a video featuring stop-motion-animated lifesize paper mache models of the band.”

2 Likes

From R.E.M.HQ -
New video from the The Eyelids
"Peter produced forthcoming LP, A Colossal Waste of Light, and plays 12-string guitar on this new single, “Lyin’ In Your Tomb”

1 Like

Eyelids album release party with Peter Buck in Portland, OR… 10th March ‘23.
"Lyin’ In Your Tomb"-

1 Like

From R.E.M HQ
"Portland-based power pop outfit Eyelids have announced a new release for a 2xLP called No Jigsaw this March. The album will be “a look back as well as forward” featuring tracks from out-of-print 7”s, a multitude of unreleased songs & a slew of recent recordings, including a special one with Peter… As R.E.M. fans know, Peter has had a lengthy involvement with Eyelids–he has produced the band, played with them live and in studio, and even starred in one of their videos. Just when it seemed like there may be nothing left on the list to do, Chris Slusarenko reports that Peter sings lead vocals on a No Jigsaw song called “It Hurts Me Too.”

“The new double LP is limited to 500 copies pressed on marbled clear with red, yellow, blue and green vinyl. We can’t wait to hear it! Check it out here: https://pocp.co/no-jigsaw

One track is available for listening from the new release - “Down In Splendour”

I wonder if Peter contributed guitar on “Down in Splendour”, it certainly sounds like him.

Can’t say for sure as I couldn’t find any info if Peter played on this track, which I quite like btw.