The Baseball Project on tour

Just got notification from a local venue that The Baseball Project are coming this summer. I have never listened to them, but I like the guys, I like baseball, so maybe I should check them out.

Looks like a full tour:

Tue, Aug 08, 2023. Birmingham AL – Saturn

Wed, Aug 09, 2023 Atlanta GA. – Terminal West

Thu, Aug 10, 2023 Athens GA – 40 Watt

Fri, Aug 11, 2023 Charleston SC – Music Farm

Sat, Aug 12, 2023. St. Augustine FL - Amphitheatre w/ Jason Isbell

Sun, Aug 13, 2023 Myrtle Beach SC - House of Blues w/Jason Isbell

Tue, Aug 15, 2023 Carrboro NC - Cat’s Cradle

Wed, Aug 16, 2023 Richmond VA - Richmond Music Hall

Thu, Aug 17, 2023 Washington DC - The Hamilton

Fri, Aug 18, 2023 Brooklyn NY - Brooklyn Made

Sat, Aug 19, 2023 Cambridge MA - The Sinclair

Sun, Aug 20, 2023 Ridgefield CT - The Ridgefield Playhouse

Tue, Aug 22, 2023. Philadelphia PA - World Café Live

Wed, Aug 23, 2023 Pittsburgh PA - Thunderbird Music Hall

Thu, Aug 24, 2023. Cleveland. OH -Beachland Ballroom

Fri, Aug 25, 2023. Kalamazoo MI - Bell’s Beer Garden

Sat, Aug 26, 2023 - Indianapolis IN - Deluxe @ Old National

Sun, Aug 27, 2023 Evanston IL – SPACE

Mon, Aug 28, 2023 Milwaukee WI – Turner Hall

Not sure when it’s coming out but their newest album was produced by Mitch Easter at his Fidelitorium Studio in Winston-Salem. I’m a fan but don’t really know that much about baseball.

Well I bought a ticket in the presale, just because it’d be awesome to see Buck/Mills/et al there.

Let me know if anyone else is going to the DC show!

(Though now that I think of it I’m pretty sure that’s the same week the Red Sox are in town playing the Nationals, which I was considering trying to go to as well. Baseball games interfering with the Baseball Project concert?)

1 Like

They’re great! I’ve seen them a couple of times and met Peter, Mike, and Scott at the shows. As a huge baseball fan I suppose it was easy for me to get into the songs (which are all obviously about baseball). I’m eyeing the Birmingham show.

1 Like

I bought tickets when I saw their advertisement in my area for this year. It’s a small venue and I’m so looking forward to seeing Mike Mills and Peter Buck in person and in such close proximity. I never saw R.E.M. in concert and this will be the best alternative. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Awesome. You’re in Richmond, right? I’ve been to a few venues there but not Richmond Music Hall. Hope you enjoy the concert.

I really like Field of Dreams with Kevin Costner. I’ve always thought of baseball as glorified rounders which we played at school (good fun though). We don’t have it over here- it’s an American thing. I guess someone somewhere decided to develop rounders into a big old American game? Yee haaa!