So, how’s it going

I am actually in the office today after having lunch out. It’s weird how much more “normal” things are starting to feel out in the world. The thing is I don’t get out in the world as much :slight_smile: I didn’t have personal training this morning like usual because of board meeting prep at work. I think I have eight keynote documents open currently.

4 Likes

Well…winter was mild here, until the last two weeks…

Then it dumped about half a foot of snow last week and has been sleeting and snowing since I got to work today. I’ve now made it home…not to keen on going out again tonight.

1 Like

Fortunately, i don’t have to go anywhere. And,“WINTER YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE!!! JUST BECAUAE YOU PROCRASTINATED ALL WINTER, DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT ON US NOW!!!”

I mean, it’s rude and shit.

3 Likes

At Physical Therapy this a.m. is how it’s going.

Trying to cure a worsening scoliosis I was born with. Age is never kind. Exercises I do here and at home do help. What I do will help straighten and strengthen, along with the Pilates classes I already attend for the sole purpose of strengthening my core.

1 Like

Allergy season in full swing here. We had storms roll through last night so everything is hot and muggy this morning. I’m doing my best to get through work today as I’ve got to go help my parents this weekend and it’s always…a lot. So I deep clean my house before I leave because it’s gonna take most of next week before I feel like doing anything.

2 Likes

Two of my nieces have scoliosis. Eventually, they’ll both have to have surgery. They’re both dancers and they’re both crazy strong, but, like you said, age is never kind.

My thoughts and prayers for them. :hugs:

I have an S curve, quite small at the top with the bottom half of the S a little bit more severe. I didn’t know I had S curve until my latest x-ray. Knew I had lifelong scoliosis though, just not that. Anyways, the point is is that at my tender age it doesn’t make any sense to have surgery.

The non great bedside manner doctor who read my X-ray said surgery didn’t make sense because of the S. Surgery would include a rod at the top of my spine to the base of my spine. I had a doctor 10 years ago who said something similar but he was a little bit more touchy-feely with a much better bedside manner, who said the recovery from the surgery would be worse than my living with the scoliosis.

Woo hoo. Never do anything halfway!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Today? It’s Friday. And I have a three day weekend. That’s all I got.

2 Likes

Me too. Woo hoo.

2 Likes

Well, this turned into a full blown trip to the ER and overnight in the children’s hospital for a very serious case of the flu.

I am so sorry to hear that. How is he doing?

:hugs:

Yikes. How’s he feeling?

2 Likes

OUCH! :face_with_thermometer: Hope he’s better now!

He’s better now. Staying another night for observation and trying to get his fever to stay down without medicine. He’s off the oxygen which was his least favorite part. Having kids is wild.

9 Likes

That sucks. Is he starting to feel better?

1 Like

I hope he’s feeling better soon - sounds miserable and a bit scary!

1 Like

Today: mani-pedi. Also, I hate the phrase mani-pedi.

1 Like

Last update - we are home and Elliott is ready for the tour.

8 Likes

Today is nice and quiet. My wife gave me a 2DS last week so I’m playing Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks and watching the Winter Olympics and Swap Shop on Netflix.

So glad he’s OK. It’s scary when they get sick.

1 Like