Random thoughts and probably stupid ideas

Wars should be fought as Eurovision contests. :ukraine::sunflower:

3 Likes

Well, sorta…

(Yes, we live in the same house and are sitting three feet away from each other at this moment. Why do you ask?)

5 Likes

I don’t know why, but this reminded me of one of my favourite scenes in West Wing. “If the Oscars were like that, I’d watch.”

4 Likes

That whole clip is hilarious! I never watched much of West Wing, but see that I’ve missed out.

2 Likes

I watched the first three seasons about (literally) 10 times in a row, because a cable channel here used to air reruns and just restart after s03 ended. It was years ago, at the exact time when I was going to bed, during a really rough time in my life. West Wing seriously helped me through that and it’s still my favorite three seasons of anything ever.

3 Likes

I love you guys. That is all.

4 Likes

Listening to Michael Stipe’s new song Future if Future loud with ear phones on while going through a M.R.I. scanner makes it a much more pleasant experience.

2 Likes

I hope the MRI turns out well! I’m waiting for a July appointment with my primary care person to see if she’s actually sent a referral for an MRI on my spine and we’re waiting for insurance or if she just recommended it to me after my last visit and i have to formally ask for a referral.

1 Like

I haven’t had a M.R.I. scan recently Donna, I did several months ago for a suspected meniscus tear in my knee but it turned out negative which was good. Michael Stipe’s new song, some of it reminds me of going through a M.R.I. scanner, though Michael’s song it a bit more melodic and not as scary. It was just a random thought I had & yes, probably a stupid idea. Hope all goes well with your scan too Donna x

2 Likes

I think it’s a brilliant idea. Come up with songs synchronized to the pulses of the MRI, rather than trying to cover it all up.

2 Likes

I could start a band called M.R.I. & support your band Kelly, The Artificially Hip.

3 Likes

Demo lyrics for my band M.R.I. -

Soft Tissue Wreck

Sliding down the tunnel
Image of skin, fat & muscle
Contemplating soft tissue
Magnetic pull on proton
Turn on spin, out of equilibrium
Contemplating a soft tissue wreck.

4 Likes