Post your favorites

Music video, movie scene or anything…
I’m starting with R.E.M.

3 Likes

On print one of my favourite paintings by Edward Hopper. ‘Nighthawks’

4 Likes

Cool thread. I love this scene, one of many amazing scenes, from the wonderful Ted Lasso.

2 Likes

Another favorite song/music video. I first heard this song covered by The Lemonheads
‘The Outdoor Type’ - Smudge

2 Likes

This movie enthralled me when I was a kid. I still go back to it once in a while to re-live the moments. I’ll never forget the first time I saw that colossus move its head.

Continued - Jason fights Talos - (Jason and the Argonauts)

2 Likes

This one always makes me smile when I watch it. So much weird fun stuff going on, and I really love this R.E.M. song too.

2 Likes

I have always liked this one best. B&W, James Dean orientated, fish eye lens, Cowboy hats, American trucks, water towers (always remind me of Leonardo di Caprio in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? And the Killers had one on stage at a concert of theirs at the O2), telegraph road, the diner where the locals take part in turn and the sign saying “There is nothing in here worth your life” Andy Kaufman on the TV (or Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufman?). It’s just a great general reminder of the vastness of America. And of course the fun, mad, join in lyrics. Capricorn One is one of my favourite films (!)

1 Like

Keith Floyd was one of the original celebrity chefs I believe. I’ve watched a few episodes of his shows. I always get a laugh out of this one. Keith is berated by his friend from the French Basque country while cooking a Piperade, " a simple scrambled egg and tomato dish" :laughing: :plate_with_cutlery:

This is a slightly odd one but I love it. Video of theme song of tv drama Slow Horses. Gary Oldman is superb in it. This video intersperses footage from the series against Jagger’s great theme song Strange Game. Love all of it.

2 Likes

I’m rewatching West Wing for the gazillionth time at the moment. So many amazing moments but this one cracks me up.

I loved Keith Floyd. If I’m cooking for friends (doesn’t happen often- my kitchen is tiny- only room for one- and my table seats 4- I have a glass of red on hand and fondly announce as I’m cooking “I’m doing a Keith Floyd” - imbibing a glass of red while cooking- in his honour!

1 Like

I was reading the recent posts in the ''why Facebook sucks" thread, and was reminded of this TLC video. I’ve posted this one a few times on social sites when suspected scammers tried to friend or follow me. The song kicks ass. I absolutely love this video, the sassyness, the clothes, the dance moves. Some words have been censored in the vid.

1 Like

You have reminded me Lori that I took my daughter to see Kick Ass in 2010. We didn’t really know what to expect but were blown away especially with Chloe Grace Moretz’s Hit Girl- she was A-MAZ-ING!

1 Like

I can’t really explain why this makes me laugh so much, but it does. I love Bill Hader and Fred Armison, so that might have something to do with it.

2 Likes

I was remembering some Portlandia clips too earlier. I like this one:

2 Likes

Favourite cartoon of the day

And a tribute to Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel who passed away this weekend. My sister had both The Human Menagerie and The Psychomodo and I was fascinated by the figures/artwork on the album covers (1973/4) . Steve Harley’s make up/nails and that chair. I loved this one- Sebastian- especially when Stuart Elliott’s drums kick in and the orchestration.

1 Like

I listened to the Doobie Brothers a lot in the 70’s. Stampede is one of my favourite albums of that decade, it was released this day 25th April 1975. You know how a song can take you to a time and place? A long road trip I did with friends. We slept in the car over night, and drove home in the morning.
“Neal’s Fandango”

I’m currently obsessed with an Atlanta band called Mattiel. Heard a song I liked on a (rubbish) Netflix show, shazam-ed it, and a few weeks later I’m utterly hooked on them. Three albums and a couple of EPs so far. All fantastic. Couldn’t recommend them more. Here are a few songs…

1 Like