Phantasy Covers

In my head I have an R.E.M. covers album done by current artists. So far I have the following:

• Adele doing I’ll Take The Rain. I picture her in a ballgown backed by a full orchestra giving it her all.
  • Harry Styles doing Be Mine. I see him doing a version that is kitschy while paying homage to the original resulting on a fantastic new take on the song
  • Taylor Swift - Nightswimming is a logical choice but I’ll go with another piano-driven song: Electrolite.

That’s only three, so we need another 10-15 songs for a complete album :laughing:

3 Likes

Massive Attack ~ Saturn Returns
Wilco~How the West Was Won…
P.J. Harvey~Bang and Blame
Arcade Fire~King of Comedy
The National ~Country Feedback

5 Likes

The Smithereens - Old Man Kensey
Neil Young - I remember California (purely it sounds like something he wisely decided to bin anyway, so he might as well try putting some life into it)

1 Like

Kendrick Lamarr feat. Busta Rhymes - It’s the End of the World as we Know it (And I Feel Fine)

3 Likes

Brian Wilson - At my most beautiful.

3 Likes

Adele doing “I’ll Take The Rain” is a brilliant thought, I think.

I can imagine Muse doing a pretty spacey-epic version of “Leave”.

2 Likes

Amy Winehouse (if only…) - Strange Currencies

1 Like

Placebo~I Don’t Sleep, I Dream
Counting Crows~Driver 8 or Don’t Go Back to Rockville
Radiohead~Fireplace or Exhuming McCarthy (although Thom has mentioned South Central Rain as his favorite song)

1 Like

OH great! I’ve got to look into necromancing now.

Fucking awesome @OneArpeggioPete2.0 ! I was looking and your topic was number 666! After I put necromancy! That’s beautiful beyond words!

2 Likes