New Natalie Merchant Solo Album Due in Spring of 2023

From the October issue of Mojo. In the spring of 2023 Natalie Merchant will release her seventh solo album, Guardian Angel. There will also be a tour.

4 Likes

About time! Can’t wait.

Pre-order open: Keep Your Courage - Red LP *this includes admission to virtual event - Natalie Merchant

Tracklist:
Big Girls
Come On, Aphrodite
Sister Tilly
Narcissus
Hunting the Wren
Guardian Angel
Eye of the Storm
Tower of Babel
Song of Himself
The Feast of Saint Valentine

Bonus Content, Vinyl Only:
Spring & Fall: To a Young Child
Butterfly
Giving Up Everything
Frozen Charlotte

3 Likes

The first song from Keep Your Courage is out today. The album comes out on Friday, April 14th.

https://youtu.be/25QHgYktmbk

3 Likes

New track from the album. Loving it.

https://youtu.be/Zs6GkCbxnyw

3 Likes

Wonderful new interview with Natalie from The New Yorker.

3 Likes

More on the new album from the Associated Press.

3 Likes

From The Guardian.

3 Likes

Ah! They missed the dots in R.E.M. :smiley:

Natalie sounds great, I’ve always loved her dancing too.

3 Likes

I don’t think the album is bad or anything but in all honesty, I was not that taken with it upon first listen. Then again, with few exceptions, I’ve never been the biggest fan of her solo work in general. My favorite is The House Carpenter’s Daughter.

I’ve only heard the tracks posted in this thread. I have some of 10,000 Maniacs records. My favorite is The Wishing Chair.

2 Likes

I love all of their records with Natalie but my favorite is In My Tribe. That probably has a lot, if not everything to do with it being the first album I heard by them.

1 Like

I must get hold of this CD. I had a 10000 Maniacs CD which went with the box that my daughter advised clearing out when I moved house (sacrilege!). I’m only left with a few treasured ones now… We have Tigerlily and Ophelia and play those in the local Oxfam shop when I’m working on the till ( they’re one of the few music choices the manager and I agree on- otherwise we have different musical taste). I did take in a Nick Drake album Bryter Later the other week and one of the customers said “Nice to hear a bit of Nick Drake”.

1 Like